navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Out Of Order
Dark Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic Out Of Order Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
spritrider87
since 2003-05-31
Posts 294
NH

0 posted 2004-10-14 02:56 PM

You set them down
In front of me
Expect it too be gone
When you get back
Take my time
When your there
Trying to get you
Out of my hair
You don't care
You don't see
What this is doing
Too me
When you leave
It's put in a bag
That I had
Hidden in my pocket
Once outside
I dump the garbage
Eating sometimes
Too take the edge off
But not everytime
Don't you see
I'm out of order
With an eating disorder

Big time rambling. probably doesn't make sense.

Static

As I look at this world and realize that I am the only one to have seen the end of all Good I let the tears out that and ask the world to see them.

© Copyright 2004 Jian Sterry - All Rights Reserved
PeaceInEverything
since 2002-10-06
Posts 31
Ohio, United States
1 posted 2004-10-14 10:20 PM

Your right, it didn't make much sense at first.  But once I got to the end it all opened up before me.  I went back and read it again.  I kinda like how there was confusion at the begining but realization at the end.
  I like this poem.  I have not expierenced this problem in a chronic fashion.  Eating disorders can be the hardest to see, recognize, and overcome.  I hope that you, if this poem is about you, have the strength to overcome it.  It is possible.

Regards

spritrider87
since 2003-05-31
Posts 294
NH
2 posted 2004-10-15 02:39 PM

Thanks. I hope I have the strength too. i really do.

As I look at this world and realize that I am the only one to have seen the end of all Good I let the tears out that and ask the world to see them.

Copperbell
since 2003-11-08
Posts 956

3 posted 2004-10-16 12:39 PM

I know someone who has an eating disorder - she went for help and she is now doing much better - but she was in danger, and during recovery she had to look at her life and get healing for certain things that had happened to her.  She also had to learn healthy ways to deal with problems.  And she told me that one of the biggest things was to learn how to express how she feels.  She bottles things up and had to learn to speak.  I think she needed some safe, healthy people to talk to.

If you need help, please try to get it.  You'll be so glad you did.  And it may save you from something terrible.  Truly, eating disorders can steal your life.  

spritrider87
since 2003-05-31
Posts 294
NH
4 posted 2004-10-16 11:32 AM

copperbell....and everyone eles. i don't know how to really ask for help. and this is the closet i've evre come to it. but my doctor noticed a drmatic decrease in weight and talked to my mom about it. my mom said it was just because of the meds i was on. so my doctor dropped it. i don't think anyone want me to have anymore probs than i already do so they are trying to tell themselves its something eles. i don't really blame them. no mother want to know their child has an eating disorder. so until things get much worse i dont think theres much help for me. but i do have freinds watch out for me. making sure i eat when their around. so i have started to eat a little more.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Out Of Order

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary