navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Solar Hell
Dark Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic Solar Hell Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Soul Sepulchre
since 2003-10-19
Posts 29
Tennessee, USA

0 posted 2003-10-19 08:34 PM

((A small note: These are more or less lyrics than a poem, but I hope you'll enjoy them all the same.))

It was in deep space that I first saw your face, and there that I banished your smile. And it was there in deep space that you fell from grace; Come & burn with me for a while.

It was in this solar hell that I first held your hand, and here I spread disease across the land. It was in this solar hell I first showed you pain; Come and play for a while inside of the rain.

In this nebula as I float in the mist, I grab at my life as it bends and it twists. It was in this nebula I learned of my fate; Come for a while and learn of my hate.

Far past the stars there is no tangible sound, and it's by solar winds your hands have been bound. Far past the stars is where you first knew true love; Ride on the comets held high above.

Lightspeed, it hurts, and I'm hittin' the waves. Slashin', bashin, wastin' the days. I'm trapped in a star, dying supernova, no escape, just gotta do it over. Over, over, past the moon of the olympus mons and the tyranny of meteor dawns.

So now out here you've found the chaos sattellite, and it's by its light you'll guide your nights. The chaos sattellite, it spins out of control; Take my hand and sell your soul.

Radioactive waves split the sonic air, and you scream out that it just ain't fair. It's in those waves you found a need; You cut your wrist but it doesn't bleed.

A solar flare glares at the deep, it was seed that you couldn't reap. So this solar flare you try and touch; Face it, your time is up.

Now you rebound against a planet, it was the fate you couldn't get. So by this planet you drift in the wayside; Time to go and flow with the tide.

Now I've been sucked into the blackhole, created by the evil deep in my soul. Fall, fall, passed the light of the day. So here in this blackhole I'll continue to stay. Stay, stay, until I die - Smile, you're going with me.

Jeremy -
Hate me now forever more...

© Copyright 2003 Jeremy McDonald - All Rights Reserved
*Inque Monroe*
since 2003-10-18
Posts 43
No where special
1 posted 2003-10-19 08:39 PM

This has always been my favorite one of your lyrics, I hope others will enjoy it as much as I do. This song gives alot of images and you can feel the darkness/hate coming from it.

~*~ In this world of darkness, only poetry holds the true light. ~*~

~*DrAgOnFLY*~
since 2003-10-17
Posts 29
Haven of Abyss
2 posted 2003-10-19 10:42 PM

spectacular, as always, keep 'em comin. i was wondering if youd find your way in here like the rest of us, now we have our own lil club 'ey?

"You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're all the same"
Forever 'N Always <>< :rainbow:
~*DrAgOnFLY*~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #4 » Solar Hell

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary