navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #30 » What a Wonderful Word
Open Poetry #30
Post A Reply Post New Topic What a Wonderful Word Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Gunslinger
since 1999-10-09
Posts 901
TX, USA

0 posted 2003-12-24 08:04 PM

Darling...how I want to whisper that word in your ear as I touch your face gently. To stroke your eyebrows with my fingers, gently, tenderly kiss your lips. To stroke your silky hair, kiss your throat, and the side of your neck. To gaze into your eyes and assure you of my undying love. To kiss away the hurt, the disillusionment, the pain of past bad experiences. To restore the wonder, and little girl dreaminess, the belief in a knight in shining armor who will gallantly slay the dragons in your life, and carry you away to a magic castle, where you will live happily ever after. To meet the need for security which is so much a part of a woman's id. The need for passion, for sensual fulfillment which only flames after the mind and the heart have been seduced. To open the door to your dreams, your aspirations, to run through fragrant mental meadows of clover; barefoot, exuberance of youth flushing away the cynicism of life. To watch the sun rise from a foggy moor...ephemeral visions dispelled by the days bright rays. To smell the rich, aroma of a strong cup of imported coffe, laced with cream. To reach out and touch your hands, to feel your fingers grip mine warmly, to see the smile crease your lips, and the worry wrinkles disappear into smile lines. Children do not know the meaning of love...in order to love one must drink deeply of life...to experience pain, disappointment, betrayal. To retreat behind a hard facade of cynicism..then to emerge from the crysalis like a newborn butterfly...fragile, again easily injured...spreading gossamer wings to the newness of life. No one can love, who has never been hurt, and no one can love without lowering their guard, dropping their armor, so to speak, and exposing themselves to further hurt...Darling...what a wonderful word.

© Copyright 2003 John R. Yaws - All Rights Reserved
Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
1 posted 2003-12-24 08:25 PM

Well now.....Gunslinger you have such a romantic soul. This is truly a piece to make any woman sigh. Merry Christmas my friend, Chris

"At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet."
-Plato

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
2 posted 2003-12-25 07:45 AM

This is such a wonderfully romantic piece, Gunslinger. Your message is portrayed throughout beautifully. Merry Christmas to you!

Best wishes,
/Kit

scorpio
Member Ascendant
since 2002-10-02
Posts 5178
right...there
3 posted 2003-12-25 09:48 AM

John, a wonderful write about a wonderful word.  Very romantic.

believe in what your heart feels...

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
4 posted 2003-12-25 12:18 PM

Gunslinger...Very romantic letter...enjoyed!  Merry Christmas to you!
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
5 posted 2003-12-25 12:32 PM

what a change of pace, m'friend.

I love it!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #30 » What a Wonderful Word

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary