navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #29 » A New Poem: Green Eyes
Open Poetry #29
Post A Reply Post New Topic A New Poem: Green Eyes Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
iwontdrownagain
since 2003-10-04
Posts 39
Massachusetts

0 posted 2003-10-08 12:55 PM

Ok, here's the promised poem. I said I would post on Monday, but the server thingy was down and Tuesday I was unavailable, so today, Wednesday, is teh poem I promised. Enjoy!

Green Eyes
The green of your eyes
That you get from your father
Shows your personality,
Such a young girl with an equally
Young and foolish heart.
You write of love that you hope to one day be true
And you write of love that has once again left you.
But it’s okay, time heals no wounds
If the gauze is slowly peeled off
Of the gaping wound he left you with.
Don’t jump in until you have seen
If his still waters run shallow like most.
Don’t jump in too quickly into his brown eyes.
You don’t want to drown so early again.
I will show you the patterns of behavior that
Your pretty green eyes don’t see.
Your green eyes believe the lies of the first one for a while,
Then you go.
Your green eyes believe the lies of the next for too long,
Then he leaves you with no explanation.
Do you deserve no explanation? Of course not.
So think. Why would he leave?
Is he a fake? Is he gay? Did he go back to the blonde bombshell of an ex?
Why bother. You shouldn’t care. Nobody should.
It’s the fact that you feel the same way again.
Feeling like a nothing, but then again, something.
You feel like a re-broken heart,
Immune to the pain of lost love.
There is a common lie.
It is not better to have loved and lost.
It’s worse to have loved and lost.
You wish they didn’t exist,
Dead like a bouquet of roses hanging, dangling, rotting.
The roses he gave you. Who wants to keep them now, you ask?
Why remember what he’s done to you?
Just keep them to remember not to trust anyone.
Keep on searching, you’ll find someone.
You’ll find someone perfect, and he won’t hurt you.
You will find someone.
Just be careful. Don’t let yourself drown again.
Don’t deprive yourself of oxygen.
Don’t rush in.
Take it easy. Chill for a while,
Write poems about gore, dead roses and what have you.
Anything to get them off of your mind.
It will be better in the end.
One last thought:
Go to your dictionary.
Look up “infatuation”,
And learn it.
It may save your heart.

© Copyright 2003 Lynn Moynahan - All Rights Reserved
pandonov
since 2003-10-03
Posts 478
b/w conscience and insolence
1 posted 2003-10-08 01:37 PM

we are all fake. perfection is like paintings of Da Vinci.likable but, I prefer Salvador Dali.  
Snowflake From Hell
since 2003-07-10
Posts 777
My own little Icey Oblivion
2 posted 2003-10-08 01:43 PM

heh...nothing is ever how it seems theres always some catch to it..unfortunately its always the nice ones who learn that the hard way

We do away with your kind...I am war I am pain I am all you've ever slein I am tears in your eyes I am truth I am lies.   Dimmu Borgir

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

3 posted 2003-10-08 02:12 PM

Interesting poem, so what your saying is she/he is wrong for trusting?  And if he went back to the blond ex...why, then he was stringing two gals along?  And so, infactuation cannot be a part of love, where many parts exist?  And last but least, we should not trust anyone to be true to themselves, then in turn they will be true to all those in their lives, family, children, spouses?  Well sir, I am very capable of being true...and have the will of an ox....and no matter how many times I believe and get hurt, it will never dampen my faith in people.  Sounds to me like your green eyes, was not only taken great advantage of, but used?  No one but no one has the right to do that to anyone!  Good poem here, full of lots of insight and emotion, but I also felt a sort of mocking going on here, was that for her or him?  Or both?  

Intense read to say the least.  Thank you for sharing

iwontdrownagain
since 2003-10-04
Posts 39
Massachusetts
4 posted 2003-10-08 06:07 PM

Thanks for all the feedabck. It was nice to hear some good things. Anyway, LeeJ, to answer some of your questions...
"so what your saying is she/he is wrong for trusting?"
It's not wrong for trusting anyone, but the type of people she keeps going back to. There was a pattern in the guys she was seeing and trusting, and it wasn't a good one.
"And last but least, we should not trust anyone to be true to themselves, then in turn they will be true to all those in their lives, family, children, spouses?"
Not evryone is true to themselves. I know I'm not always true to myself. But I do trust my family. Not so much my friends. I know how they are behind each other's backs, and it's not pretty. I can't trust that these people are not talking about me behind my back. I know a few people who have lied staight-faced and through their teeth to me, when I know for a fact that they did or said something. I know for a fact because I was there and they didn't know. Anyway, it's a long story, so we shall continue with the questions.
"Sounds to me like your green eyes, was not only taken great advantage of, but used?"
I'm not sure if they were used, but they were betrayed. And it hurt. Though it seems that I am writing to someone in the poem, I am. To myself. I have had an extremely bad year with people. I needed to incorporate some of these people into a poem, so I did.
"I also felt a sort of mocking going on here, was that for her or him?  Or both?"
Yes. A bit of mockery. For both. There are very personal reasons which I won't go into. Towards the middle, I have a few lines about roses. I wrote another poem a few days ago and I posted it. It's called "Dead Keepsakes", and that's a little reference.
I'll post tomorrow!
~Lynn

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

5 posted 2003-10-09 01:24 PM

Hi Lynn, welcome to passions, and it was nice to read your respond...I really love to share thoughts.  There are people who are very confident and trusting in themselves, though not perfect, as no one is...I've met a few and they've been very loyal and dedicated friends.  Now, regarding people talking behind our backs. People are not malicious as a whole, perhaps they are talking about us, because we've hurt them in some way, not to necassarily talk about us, but to vent their hurt, frustrations, disappointments...and to some how get another point of view from a friend, then come to their own conclusions, but haven't you ever talked about anyone, perhaps out of care, or because their action hurt your feelings, and yet, if the person was there,
you or I, we might take it as a personal attack against our character, instead of realizing why the person may be saying what they are.  And if you were there, and they didn't know you were, then that in a way is dishonest in itself, isn't it?  And if you go looking for negativity, regardless what that person intends, your only going to take the negative out of it, yes?  Now regarding someone who follows the same patterns of going back to abusive partners, well, there again, you have to take a long deep look at their past, b/c if there were problems in their lives as children, they don't really have a concept of what it is to be treated any differently, and perhaps a suggestion of counseling would be a very good start.  And then to, some people never change, they've got to want it, regardless of what you think or believe, you must remember, there may be things about their past that not even you know about.  Besides, there are a lot of people out there who "are" very dishonest, and good actors and actresses.  They are very cunning and know when someone is in need or needy and manipulate themselves into being the person they think that other person is looking for, wants and needs.  And these people take grave and unacceptable advantage of the feelings of others.  Do they know any different. Well deep in their hearts they do, but they way they live with themselves is by blaming everyone else for their mistakes and the pain they've caused others.  People are and will be people and you can't change them, unless they really want your help and opinions, and we must also be very careful not to think we know it all, and consentrate more on our own personal growth rather then the growth of others.  There to is the tune, birds of a feather....which means, if you want to change, you must chose friends who show a little respect, care, faith and love for themselves.  People who are generally happy and don't tell tales about others, and even those people will discuse a friends situation with you if they've learned to trust you.  But, most of the time, I think people do that, b/c they don't understand the actions of their friend or lover, and they are looking for constructive criticisum to help them perhaps do the right thing by that person????  We see the world as we ourselves are...and if we are not happy with our lives, with our jobs, choices, and realize, we are who we've come to be, b/c of our pasts, not angry but accepting what we have done to ourselves, then we walk a much healther path, both mentally and spiritually.  Which lends us a capable hand to be better to our friends and our loved ones, paying it forward so to speak, meaning, being happy for the success of others, and allowing them to make mistakes so that they learn, without being so harsh in judgements?  Does that make sense?
Thanks Lynn for your feedback, as it's been enjoyable sharing.  My best to you and your friend

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #29 » A New Poem: Green Eyes

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary