navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #27 » Rambling Nature.
Open Poetry #27
Post A Reply Post New Topic Rambling Nature. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

0 posted 2003-07-17 06:09 AM

Twas on a sunny day in June,
as i walked through the light dappled wood, i first heard it's tune.

Sweetly lilting sound of the willow warbler, perching up on high,
watching, i saw it sway on the twig of a tree in the sunlight, with a background of clear blue sky.

Moving quietly to the edge of a pool,
a swan and his mate glided over the water, and through the breeze so cool.

Walking along a fields edge, rabbits dashed for cover into the hederows,
above their heads magpies noisily cackled at jet black crows.

Sitting on a log i ate my sandwhiches and smelled the scent of the blinding yellow oil-seed rape,wafting on the wind.
Just then from a dense thicket i heared a hard echoing call, a male pheasant his mate he was looking to find.

Along a country road the sun bounced off the ground,
heat haze distorted the road ahead, then high above me, no more than a speck in the sky, a skylark sang the most inspiring, uplifting, acingly beautiful sound.

On through a corn field i walked with my arms outstretched, feeling the coarse stalks of corn on my fingers and hands.
I watched a wave blown by the wind ripple through the ripening corn, like a golden sea.Picking an ear of corn i rubbed it through my hands , rough to my touch the chaff blew away, like timeless sands.

Later at home, i dreamed the day alive....!

© Copyright 2003 P.D - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2003-07-17 07:02 AM

I can see why you would want to
relive those moments again...and again.

Enjoyed this!

A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
2 posted 2003-07-17 07:12 AM

You take me there my love, I would enjoy sharing all of this with you, the way you describe it in beautiful detail brings the words to life from the the monitor....you are the best poet of nature! You have a great talent and gift for making the reader see, hear, feel, touch, taste, and smell, painting a perfect picture before their eyes! love this about you!

XXX love A Romantic Heart

[This message has been edited by A Romantic Heart (07-17-2003 07:13 AM).]

SongVixen
since 2003-07-06
Posts 43
England
3 posted 2003-07-18 06:01 AM

you sure are a nature watcher.

enjoyed much!

x8x_bigmike
since 2003-07-08
Posts 130
California, USA
4 posted 2003-07-18 06:05 AM

very nice, the last stanza has some troubling grammatical and spacing...but very vivid, one thing i might reccomend is to shorten up your description to the meat of it...there is so much beautifull writing, it almost feels too much at one time...great read

Mike

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #27 » Rambling Nature.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary