navwin » Discussion » Philosophy 101 » Time mysterious thing she is..
Philosophy 101
Post A Reply Post New Topic Time mysterious thing she is.. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Falling rain
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois

0 posted 2008-03-12 09:54 AM

Yes indeed she is. The only reason im posting a topic is because i'll be graduateing the 8th grade. I'm so excited about this and going to high school and yet i don't want to grow up. To me it seems everything is moving to fast for me to catch up.

And i had a philosophy on time.

"As a child your willing to grow up in age. And you wait to see in excitement what you've become. I've grown up now and i can see whom i be but what now is to come to me? Life is too short to sit around and wait. So why wait?"

What you guys think about this topic? I'd really like an answer so PLEASE HELP!! lol.

~Zach~  

~*With the wind and my heart at my side. I'll live the life i want*~

© Copyright 2008 Zach Booker-Scott - All Rights Reserved
oceanvu2
since 2007-02-24
Posts 1066
Santa Monica, California, USA
1 posted 2008-03-13 02:29 AM

Rain:  Why rush?  Time, that old mystery, seems to speed up, slow down, and speed up again in growth cycles.  One thing seems sure, nobody has all the time in the world.

To be able to step back and see yourself as you've become is a useful, lifelong trait.

Best wishes, Jimbeaux  

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
2 posted 2008-03-13 02:56 AM

Zach,

I love that you think these thoughts and express them as you do.

What do I think?  I think that you should enjoy the feel of a warm dirt road under bare feet in the summer.  I think you should find a creek and go fishing, skinny dipping, and just getting your hair wet on a hot day.  I think you should laugh with your friends.  I think you should explore your talent in writing.  Try a journal if you have not.  

I think it is hard not to rush at your age.  You feel ready to move on and you can't yet.  It's the beginning of a limbo time almost -- but, I agree with Jim.  I think you should seek out the things you enjoy and savor them.

There may come a time when you look back at that cornfield you are in the middle of and you will be thinking of the things that you liked -- and you may not be there.  I am kind of going through that now.  I grew up in the middle of no where - I wanted to leave.  Now, I look back and think of that warm dirt road, the creek and the freedom that I had to just savor where I was.

Every day is the beginning of our "good old days" - don't wait to wish you had enjoyed them.  Enjoy today. Enjoy your tomorrow.  Soon enough you will be working, maybe have a family, and be like me -- wondering why gas is so high and just what the heck is going on with fuel and electricity.  Not fun, Zach.

Enjoy now - it's what you have. That's what I think.

Alison

Falling rain
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
3 posted 2008-03-13 08:13 AM

Jim your right time does like pressing the play,stop,and fastforword button alot. lol

And yes Alison i do keep a journal and i also should admitt that skiny-dipping is really fun lol!!!

You guys are right i should just live for the moment but think about my future. Im feeling better about my graduation. Now that i see it with a different view. Thanks to the both of your ideas and thoughts . i really appreteate it.

From the boy sitting in the middle of the cornfield...  

~Zach~

Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
Regina, Saskatchewan; Canada
4 posted 2008-03-13 02:07 PM

Patience is graced
Sooner than haste.

Falling rain
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
5 posted 2008-03-14 04:23 PM

hmm interesting thought...
Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
6 posted 2008-03-14 07:11 PM

'Tis truth, God wot,
Not just a thought.

Falling rain
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
7 posted 2008-03-15 10:01 AM

Why are you questioning
things of the past?
I'm over this quarral
I'm here to make things last

Time is mysterious
true be that
I'm sort of busy
Now i have to go and feed the cat

Later days
Fare be well
No hopeless ways
I see the light. my heart uplifted. never fell.  

---------------------------------
haha sorry it sounded like you were speaking in riddles "E" and i wrote a quick poem lol  

~Zach~  

~*With the wind and my heart at my side. I'll live the life i want*~

Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
8 posted 2008-03-16 12:17 PM

Here is what lasts: through every chime
All times are "now" the same old time
"Now" I am young and "Now" am hoar.
Tis "Now" o' clock at every door.

oceanvu2
since 2007-02-24
Posts 1066
Santa Monica, California, USA
9 posted 2008-03-16 01:49 AM

ESS:  Can it really be possible that I am agreeing with you, what, three or four times in a row now across threads?

Are you espousing the eternal Now?  I've been espousing that for as long as I can't remember because it isn't "there" anymore.

I'm getting jicky as a road lizard over this.  Hit me with a stick!

Best, Jimbeaux  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Philosophy 101 » Time mysterious thing she is..

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary