navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #26 » May Your Voices Be Heard
Open Poetry #26
Post A Reply Post New Topic May Your Voices Be Heard Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
edh
since 2003-03-26
Posts 111

0 posted 2003-03-28 04:35 PM

May your voices be heard - brothers and sisters in the lord.  May they be heard above the power's of darkness.   Jesus warned us about these days.  It is not the time to sit around and wait for trumpets in  the sky.  And be very mindful of people who are always talking about gaining and aquiring the things of the world.  I assure you he is interested in your spiritual love as opposed to what worldly thing your can give someone.  Jesus asks us - practically begs us to go about our lives with mercy and compassion minding the heart of the law and not the letter as the hypocrites do.  Even the rulers in the world do not choose the message of Jesus or his person when all
evidence of his life are quite clear.
     They have lied, cheated, stolen, and murdered their way to personal and political power.  Their works and words are empty in the sight of the Lord.  So are their praise and flattery of the sisters and brothers of Jesus.  If they do not give praise with a humble heart to a child of God then it is
an empty exchange.  Be mindful.  Look to aquire wisdom from your brother or sister.  Better than all gold.  If your heart is full of hate for the brother that you can see then how can your heart be full of love towards God whom you cannot see.  Also if your heart is full of hate then your words will be insulting, cruel and judgemental to a child of God.  Then you must suffer the consequnces of your actions.  To everything "Turn, Turn, Turn,"  "There is a time to every purpose under heaven."

Let your works - deeds - and words stand in God's light and concern yourself less with what you can aquire in the world.

The Holy Spirit is more valuable than anything in the world.  Set your heart on the Holy Spirit.

© Copyright 2003 edh - All Rights Reserved
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
1 posted 2003-03-28 06:54 PM

(sigh) This reminds me so much of Corinthians 13: 1-8, speaking of what love is and what love isn't and how it dictates our lives with special qualitues that no power or money can ever do! (big hugggsssssss) I truly believe we all need to center our lives around Love and sadly our leaders are begging to differ, I think the only leaders should be those capable of doing so, God Bless You, you have my vote, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet friend, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

Brad Majors
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-04-03
Posts 2647
Georgia
2 posted 2003-04-16 03:15 PM

interesting piece
littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
3 posted 2003-04-17 07:40 PM

edh:

uplifting piece here - how did you know I needed this right now?
thank you . . . xxoo

regards2you
Member Elite
since 2002-10-01
Posts 3940
California
4 posted 2003-04-17 09:06 PM

Edh,

This is very nice and uplifting. I've read some of your work elsewhere as well, and clearly you are a child of God. Enjoy this greatly.

Your last two lines are absolutely the most honest, truest words that can ever be spoken. I love them!

The only "ya but" I find here and cannot help but mention is that not everyone is our sister and brother.

Discernment very important, before acquiring wisdom from our "sisters and brothers", the best place I think of course, is the bible, after sincere prayer for the Holy Spirit to guide us, and that we may be lead to what God would have us know and learn. Having a personal relationship with God, critical...

Again, I do enjoy your writing and opinions.

I hope you in no way take this negatively. Something I learned the hard way I am afraid. Re: so-called sisters and brothers...their fruits, everything...

Thank you, Hugs, Pat

..without surrender, be on good terms with all persons..
        "Desiderata"

edh
since 2003-03-26
Posts 111

5 posted 2003-04-18 10:48 AM

No.  I don't take it negatively at all.  And agree with you completely about discernment.
"you will know them by their fruits"
"no good tree will bear bad fruits and no
bad tree can bear good fruits"

Also we must remember "it is not what goes into a man's mouth which defileth him but what comes out of it"

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #26 » May Your Voices Be Heard

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary