navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Like You
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Like You Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought

0 posted 2004-06-26 02:53 AM

Who I really am
is just what I don't want to be,
and I guess that is indicative
of who You are to me.

'Cause God, I want to be like You,
and all I really want is You.

Jesus, you mean everything,
and I'm your faulty
merchandise.
I feel I've been lost within the fray,
and broken there.
I lost the way so long ago.

God, all I ever wanted
was to look the way You do...
So when they saw my face
they could see the love of You.

Who I really am
is just what I don't want to be,
and I guess the reason is...
because I look so much
me.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.
                  Joyce kilmer

© Copyright 2004 GG - All Rights Reserved
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
1 posted 2004-06-26 02:29 PM

Alyssa~
Sweetheart ... He made you beautiful ... from the inside out ... I love you and you know He loves you~
Bless you sweet Girl of God~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*When the heart grieves over what it has lost,
the spirit rejoices over what it has left.
- Sufi epigram <))><

noles1@totcon.com

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
2 posted 2004-06-28 02:01 AM

"God, all I ever wanted
was to look the way You do...
So when they saw my face
they could see the love of You."

Honeybunny, GG, you do shine whether you know it or not!  Love, Jo

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
3 posted 2004-06-28 02:43 AM

GG -- I was thinking about your poem and remembered something I'd written.  I'm going to put it here 'cuz I think you might enjoy reading my perspective.  Take into consideration, I am a very opened minded person when it comes to belief systems.  

The Holy Bible says man was created in the image of God.  I believe that is true.  Christianity also teaches God is omnipresent and omnipotent.  If you take that truth and accept it, then imagine Almighty God in the form of a huge body (because we can't imagine what God really is) and that we are each the smallest most minute atom in that body -- now this is just an anology -- then with that in mind, we all make up the body of God, all living things, all created things.  Now if we could imagine that God is the blood, the brain, and the nervous system providing the rest of the body with what it needs -- then maybe we start to get a picture.  Also, if you take that one step further... white blood cells fighting off infection; e.g., the good versus the bad, then I think you'll begin to see what I'm getting at.  

I think we try to put God into an image of what we, in our limited perceptons, can comprehend, when, indeed, we will never be able to do that.  We would self-combust if we got close to the answer, I think.  So, if we are created in his/her/its (I'll use his because its common usage) image and that image is not really that of a man, rather, that etheral soul we cannot yet comprehend -- that is what I think contains the spark which connects us to God.  I think in Christianity, Jesus was our gift for that period of humanity to re-awaken our divine sparks -- to help open a door for us to be able to feel the nerve impulses from God running through us again (anaology here again).  For me, Jesus Christ was a man so surrendered to receiving these impulses that he was a true window to God and a gift for us to reconnect through his teaching.  Because the Bible teaches he was the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last -- I also believe he was everything in between.  In other words, I believe this Christ window has been provided to us throughout the history of mankind to help us reconnect -- I believe it came to all cultures and in all different kinds of religion.  How can we make Christ so small as to limit him to the historical Jesus?  If you were to really read (I mean with surrendered eyes) what the Bible reports were His words, they have layers of meaning.  The more you read in that way, the more you see (with different eyes) that Jesus never claimed to be God but he was God in that he reflected the nature of God because he was truly and completely surrended to God's will.  I call myself a Christain because that is my first language of spiritual understanding.  I am not a theologean, not a philosopher, and not skilled in these types of debates.  I just know that there is a master mind to it all and that our hearts will never be filled until we are walking in tune with the All that is All. Would it help to tell you I had what is called an "after-death" experience?  Sorry, I  ran on so much.  

Above all, I guess, is that I think churches teach us what we can understand when we are young and have gotten so bogged down in doctrines that the truth just gets burried.  Somewhere in the teachings in the New Testament, you'll find words, I think it's I Corinthians 13 ....something like...."When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known."  

My heritage is that of being a Quaker although I have gone to all types of protestant churches throughout my life and have studied the doctrines of Catholicism and other religions, too.  When I was young, I was taught that there was no intercessor between me and my God.  I see Jesus, the Christ, as my salvation because sometimes, I have trouble finding my way back to God and the Christ, the Holy Spirit, opens a door for me.  The way I read the scriptures, Jesus addresses this himself and refused to be called God, he only spoke of God as his Father, as Christains do in the Lord's prayer.  Though I believe because he was so surrendered to the impulses and fullness of his Father that what came out of him did indeed appear to be God.  Does this make any sense?  

A question I always struggled with despite my strong beliefs is that of the virgin birth -- but I got my answer to that, as well.  First, there are reflections of self-reproduction throughout nature, even in the animal kingdom.  Second, I received a vision of Mary being polinated like a flower by invisible forces (angelic host).  Now, I question no longer.  You have your own searching....what a wonderful quest you are on....and GG, you are a beautiful soul.  

GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
4 posted 2004-07-13 10:40 PM

I'm sorry I've taken so long to reply!!

Marge,
you're always so sweet Thank you so much for your kind replies, your friendship, and your faith in Him... God bless you.

Jo,
thank you for your replies. It definitely is interesting to see your perspective and views on it. I can see how you may have come to your conclusions, though I'll be honest enough to say I don't agree. I guess that's where we agree to disagree though ...I could get into the doctrine and theology and all that, but I don't think it'd make any difference. I believe the Bible to be God inspired, and believe Jesus Christ to be fully man and fully God - no other way his death and ressurection could have saved us. He's our mediator. Anyway, I think I'll just take Paul's words (paraphrased) and say I claim to know nothing except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. I do really appreciate your reply and your sharing with me. You're an awesome lady God bless...

Always God's girl, Alyssa

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.
                  Joyce kilmer

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
5 posted 2004-07-17 01:04 AM

GG -- thanks for your sincere and honest response.  We agree on more than we disagree.     I, too, believe the Bible is inspired; no argument.  I suppose our differences come in interpretation -- and that is always growing as we grow in our beliefs.  The important thing is that we have good, strong ones.  And, that, my darlin', makes me smile.     Hope you are well and you are blessed, too.  PS...I know that Christ intercedes and did intercede; He is my shepherd and savior and I do believe he opened the door for us.  I suppose, I just have a different "image.")
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
6 posted 2004-09-23 09:57 PM

Alyssa,
Too cool. I loved your write and the interaction. God loves honesty and sincerety and you guys are all over that. Peace...

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
7 posted 2004-10-25 06:06 PM

Larry,
whoops I didn't see your reply here until now! Thank you for it, though God bless you...

Always, Alyssa

He was a man of sorrows
...I am a girl of tears.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Like You

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary