navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » I Asked For
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic I Asked For Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
whispering wind
since 2003-08-18
Posts 45

0 posted 2003-10-25 08:36 PM

I got the idea of this poem from a poem I read before. Its the same style but my own words and thoughts.

I asked You to hold me when darkness came my way. You told me no. I must learn to stand on my own two feet.

I asked for You to take away my illness and injuries. You told me no. They will only make you stronger.

I asked for You to give me love from others. You told me no. You must first give love to receive love in return.

I asked for You to give me success. You told me no. Sometimes you need to fail to see what it means to truly succeed.

I asked for You to give me strength. You told me no. Sometimes weakness brings about something greater.

I asked for You to have people respect me. You told me no. Respect must be earned not freely given.

I asked for You to take away my fears. You told me no. Fears allow you to see into the depths of your heart to realize who you are, what you are becoming, and that something’s are worth fighting for.

I asked for you to give me empathy from others. You told me no. Sympathy will build a stronger character.

I asked for You to give me understanding. You told me no. Sometimes you need to be perplexed to feel the joy of finding your way.

I asked for You to take away my doubts. You told me no. They will only give you a stronger foundation for your faith.

I asked for You to never let me hit rock bottom. You told me no. Sometimes you need to hit the bottom to learn what it means to have perseverance and strength to climb back up again.

I asked for You to lead the way. You told me no. You must learn to take the first step off the cliff and have faith that there will be something there to catch you or I will help you fly.

I asked for You to walk beside me. You told me Yes. You finally begin to understand.

© Copyright 2003 whispering wind - All Rights Reserved
Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
1 posted 2003-10-25 09:35 PM

This is very wise.  Sometimes when He seems to be saying no, He is saying a delayed yes.  Love, Joyce
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
2 posted 2003-10-25 10:17 PM

I agree with Joyce and sometimes it is a blessing that we don't get our prayer answered right away, but have time to think about what we are really asking for.  Nicely done.

Carpe' Diem

Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
3 posted 2003-10-25 10:58 PM

This gives a lot of material for thought! Good job.

Betty Lou Hebert

SharaRose
Member Elite
since 2003-07-19
Posts 2501
Somewhere out there~
4 posted 2003-10-26 11:45 AM

A path being paved by our thoughts of what it should be to the one He knows is best. His wisdom far surpasses ours. Very nice!
Love,
Terri~

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
5 posted 2003-10-26 01:43 PM

(smiles) And when He says no, it never means He is abandoning us, for He is always there walking beside us and just wants to see us grow and develop into the best givers we can be! (big hugggsssssss) Even when he says no, I always love Him, yay, God Bless You, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet friend, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

I don't need no proof when it comes to God and truth
I can see the sun set and I perceive

***Live***

whispering wind
since 2003-08-18
Posts 45

6 posted 2003-10-26 06:50 PM

Thank you all for your replies. Yes, God always seems to have a greater plan for us. There is always a reason for everything sometimes we just have to look a little harder to see them.
mysticpoe
since 2003-02-28
Posts 883

7 posted 2003-10-28 08:43 AM

We are the ones who exercize no. Nice write.

poe

If nothing is something
then everything is
our thoughts and feelings
and all that exists.

earthdust
since 2003-10-28
Posts 53
predestined and foreknown
8 posted 2003-10-29 08:07 AM

this is very touching, indeed. i almost shed a tear. thanks for sharing.
whispering wind
since 2003-08-18
Posts 45

9 posted 2003-10-29 05:04 PM

thank you all for your wonderful comments they mean a lot.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » I Asked For

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary