navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Unfailing Love
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Unfailing Love Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States

0 posted 2003-08-19 10:20 AM

Unfailing Love
By Larry Chadwick
Insights gained from the loss of my daughter and my father

He hung on his son’s every word as he agonized there in Gethsemane. Both committed to the rescue of humanity. Divided for a moment in eternity by who was making the greater sacrifice. He who died or he who had to watch. That moment when divinity was cloaked in the darkness of sin solely for the united purpose of conquering it.

Is it any wonder why they struggled? Is it any wonder why the son felt so alone? Is it any wonder why the Father was silent for fear that if he spoke he would give in? What love was this that the Godhead itself was willing to stand united in purpose and divided by the plan? Do you understand that they would risk it all for but one? Do you comprehend their sacrifice was offered for you and for me?

And he brooded once again as he had during his son’s departure from heaven thirty-two years before. A second time he saw his son disappear. Stark reminders of the risk they both were willing to take. Separation. A separation chosen that you and I might be un-separated for eternity.

Both father and son chose to face the fear that you and I dread. Death. Not a death that is assured the rescue of salvation. They faced the death that is eternal separation. Their divinity did not spare them their connection to humanity. Their divinity did not spare them the sorrow of their heartache. Their divinity did not spare them the pain that only love can bring. Their divinity did not spare them the grief of their commitment.

No greater love will ever be demonstrated in all eternity. Our father and his son, on the cross, stole the symbols of evil and made of them the symbols of love. Our father and his son did what all creation knew to be impossible. They forever joined divinity with humanity displaying the ultimate sacrifice. Knowing from the beginning they would choose no other way. They created Adam and Eve.

Patiently now they wait. Building and planning they wait. Longing and aching they wait. Preparing the reunion that will end all reunions they wait. A celebration that will last for all eternity is about to begin. Divinity triumphed over evil two thousand years ago. The greatest display of patience that creation will ever see is in progress. The father and son are waiting. Just for you and just for me.

August 19, 2003

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

[This message has been edited by Larry C (08-19-2003 03:38 PM).]

© Copyright 2003 Larry Chadwick - All Rights Reserved
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
1 posted 2003-08-19 12:58 PM

Larry~
This is so poignantly a reaffirmation of faith~

'No greater love will ever be demonstrated in all eternity.'

Yes, it is so~
And I await the day of joining those who have gone before me~
In His name ... I am ready when He calls~

Thank you for the *gifting* of this ... with your permission I would like to forward it to Pastor Keith of my place of worship so that He might see what some of the lovely poets here are really all about~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
2 posted 2003-08-19 01:06 PM

Marge,
Thank you for your gentle kindness. I submitted this for publication and will hear in six weeks if it is accepted. And I would be honored for you to share it.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
3 posted 2003-08-19 03:27 PM

Larry:  This is so beautifully written, it brings tears to my eyes! I do hope it will be accepted for wider publication as it should be read by as many people as possible. So touching!

Betty Lou Hebert

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2003-08-19 06:43 PM

From our dreams and our most dreadful moments, comes wisdom in light so pure, so good, that to share it with one is to multiply it one hundred fold.  But you lit the wick with this, Larry, and I am proud for what you see, how you see it, and how you share it.

God bless you.

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
5 posted 2003-08-19 10:11 PM

Larry, you do them proud, and I am bursting with feelings from having read this.  You took pain and turned it into something wise and shared it, God bless them both, and you too.
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
6 posted 2003-08-20 11:03 AM

Trillium,
Such kind words. Thank you so very much. I'll know in six weeks.

Aww Karilea,
Now that response is a reward I couldn't anticipate but will always cherish. Thank you.

Sharon,
Sweet friend I will always hold dear your words and your deeds. Thank you so very much.

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
7 posted 2003-08-20 01:40 PM

Larry, you have taken your pain and turned it into something so postive to share with all of us..not an easy chore for most of us.  But, for you...you turned it around, seemingly effortlessly and everyone should read this.  You are amazing!
May God Bless You.
Nancy Lee.

Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
8 posted 2003-08-21 01:23 AM

The old, old story uniquely presented.  I hope it is accepted.  Joyce
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
9 posted 2003-08-21 05:40 PM

Dear Nancy Lee,
This prose was a gift...straight from God. I get no credit. I have read this many, many times and everytime it touches my soul a little deeper. And thank you sweet friend.

Joyce,
Thank you. The responses on this page are humbling and acceptance enough for me.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

10 posted 2003-08-26 08:41 PM

Hey Sweets.

(Bet you didn't expect to see me here, huh? )

This speaks the strength of your gentle and loving spirit.

Have I told you lately how much I look up to you?

Well I do.

You hang tough, m'friend. And you know I admire THAT.

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
11 posted 2003-08-27 03:39 AM

Larry, this is the most beautiful write I have ever read . . .

You know the portrait of Jesus In Gethsemane is one of my favorites.  Reason being is the contemplation, agony, defeat, wonderment, surprise, fate . . . all showing on this young man's face with hands clasped and heart open to his Father shining upon him.  One look at that picture and a million thoughts fly through my head.

You just described it perfectly
xxoo

SharaRose
Member Elite
since 2003-07-19
Posts 2501
Somewhere out there~
12 posted 2003-08-28 11:00 AM

"Just for you, and just for me"...Thank God for that saving *grace.* And his patience that I am grateful is eternal it seems.

to the Father!!

SharaRose @-->--

Of sound, and speech let all lift the hearer!

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
13 posted 2003-08-29 10:39 AM

Karen,
You can't look up to me...I'm not that tall! But I must say I am blessed for having you has a dear friend. Thank you, always.

littlewing,
Well, I am seldom left speechless but this is close. Thank you for such generous words. This write was a gift from above, I believe.

SharaRose,
Welcome to Passions it is nice to finally meet you. Yes indeed. We are blessed. Thank you.

Shirl,
Welcome to Passions. And thank you for your generosity. God gets the glory on this one though.

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
14 posted 2003-08-30 08:42 PM

(big hugggssssssss) God Bless You, dearest friend, now I am flooding in tears as I absolutely agree that never will the world ever see a greater act of love, but if we can love and respect each other unconditionally, our Father and Son couldn't be any more proud! (wipes tears) Because of sacrifice, Love and Hope lives on, and your heart is filled with its purity, God Bless You, I certainly hope this gets published as this is purely heart, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Larry, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

I don't need no proof when it comes to God and truth
I can see the sun set and I perceive

***Live***

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
15 posted 2003-09-02 11:51 AM

Thank you Noah. Seems you are bearly around here more than I am. Peace.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Unfailing Love

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary