navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » hatred/tolerance
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic hatred/tolerance Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
mysticpoe
since 2003-02-28
Posts 883

0 posted 2003-06-13 02:39 PM

hatred, crawling, drawning
the vast, along it's drowning path
hatred's grasp
a spell to cast
amoung the almighty
but so lowly mass
who's heads are high
and soon shall pass
to lest
then shown, their life
the scorn
so many torn

but to adorn, a veil
for a lighted trail
so close, so near
for those who bear
tolerance
as such, for those amoung
the power and
the everlasting one

© Copyright 2003 mysticpoe - All Rights Reserved
LayItDown
since 2003-05-17
Posts 94

1 posted 2003-06-14 12:50 PM

I have the sense there is a lot to this I am not cathcing.  Could you provide a key to unlock this beautiful work?

Love,
LayItDown

mysticpoe
since 2003-02-28
Posts 883

2 posted 2003-06-15 08:56 AM

Hi LayItDown, The key? that hatred is easier then tolerance and understanding. Hatred enjoys being the easy option for our emotions most of the time. When tolerance is only on the next page, right around the corner. Hatred is self destructing for all involved. Tolerance comes from God and God is everlasting. Just imagine if all in the World would stop/think and turn to that next page. Hope this helps and thanks for reading.

mysticpoe

Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
3 posted 2003-06-15 06:51 PM

I do agree.  Hatred is certainly not the key.  Joyce
LayItDown
since 2003-05-17
Posts 94

4 posted 2003-06-15 09:47 PM

We should talk sometime, mysticpoe.

Tolerance has so many connotations.

I'm wondering if you are thinking, "any thing goes" and I will accept it.

OR

I'm okay.  You're okay.  Let's just get along.

OR

Even though you have shed the innocent blood of my household, I am okay with that and you are just wonderful.

OR

Even though you are evil, I will do my best to accommodate you.

OR

Life is too short.  So let's just forget about good and evil and co-exist so that we do not die prematurely.

In the wink of an eye "Tolerance" can easily move from being a very good word to being a diabolical word.

But I will take up arms with you on the question of hatred.  I assure you the effective weapons against it will now be tolerance, but love.

Love moves well beyond tolerance to confront wrong and support what is right.  This is the path of the prophets of old.
They would not have lost their heads had they been tolerant.

But, I'll grant you, tolerance is safe.

Love,
LayItDown

a_hollowman
since 2003-05-30
Posts 30
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 posted 2003-06-16 12:48 PM

Overall this was a great piece. My only qualms, few and far between as this was quite good, exist in the part of your belief that Tolerance comes after Hatred. I admire your affirmation of this, but find myself that the passions and sentiments expressed by individuals seem not to progress one by one but rather they are a coalition together in different levels to accentuate a general sensation.
  Perhaps I am not clear. I mean, essentially, that Hatred issues forth alongside Tolerance, and in my beliefs, the individual's choice to express specific emotions or feelings is that individual's unique interpretation of a situation unique to that individual.
  So I would conclude by saying that, finally, you make a good point in your own interpretation of the feelings and sentiments expressed by those around you.
                - a_hollowman

mysticpoe
since 2003-02-28
Posts 883

6 posted 2003-06-16 12:55 PM

Joyce,thanks for taking the time to read.

mysticpoe

mysticpoe
since 2003-02-28
Posts 883

7 posted 2003-06-16 02:10 PM

LayItDown and Hollowman, thanks for reading and vesting your time with such lenghtly comments.I didn't think that the write would stir up so much response. But, I do appreciate your time. Let me see what I can do here?

Yes I agree that tolerance does have many connotations and that hatred can be a part of tolerance if viewed with the wrong intent.
In the poem, I wrote about hatred being a very easy choice of emotion. Hatred comes from what is evil and destructive, as we all know. Evil always seems to make what it has to offer, easy to obtain. Love, is definitely the Godly counter part to this. But when it comes to being hateful. Our emotions seem to go the easy way most of the time. Just look at the World we live in. So, regarding tolerance. I am talking about being tolerant to one self. Should I allow my self to hate so much or should I be more tolerant and not judge all which surrounds me. We are told to turn the other cheek and to love our enemies. This to me is one of the ultimate forms of love that you can give to God and your self. But, I haven't found anyone who has been able to do this. Including my self. So, has I continue to be more tolerant of those things I dislike around me on a daily basis. I can feel the grace of love fill my heart more and more as each day passes by. Not that this will work for everyone ( but I'm sure it will ).It replaces that feeling to hate and hopefuly by the time the Lord calls me in. My Heart will have more love in it than anything else.
I hope this explains the meaning that I had intended in the poem? Again, thank you both.

mysticpoe

[This message has been edited by mysticpoe (06-16-2003 10:26 PM).]

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
8 posted 2003-06-16 04:30 PM

Love is the key, no doubt. That is what your beautiful words convey. A one way tolerance  will not be able to solve problems, LOVE has much more chance to create Love in response. Just a thought.
Love, Margherita

mysticpoe
since 2003-02-28
Posts 883

9 posted 2003-06-16 10:25 PM

Thank you Margherita, your wisdom always seems to go straight to the heart.

mysticpoe

[This message has been edited by mysticpoe (06-16-2003 10:29 PM).]

MysticDreamer
since 2003-04-21
Posts 131

10 posted 2003-06-17 12:10 PM

I like the message of this and the way it's conveyed. I've always believed that evil fought with evil or hate with hate only fans the flames and doesn't affect a positive change.
WindSong
since 2002-12-23
Posts 313
Long Island, New York
11 posted 2003-06-19 12:12 PM

I can't really say much because while reading this write, I got so involved and concentrating so hard that I didn't realize the Match was burning my finger nail...It melted my finger nail. So I'm in a bit of pain...but I must say to take away my attention like that, It was a job well done. Thanks for sharing. Peace! ~*~kirah~*~
PS..OWWW!!!!!

"Life is not measured by the moments we take,but by the moments that take our breaths away." -Author Unkown.

WindSong
since 2002-12-23
Posts 313
Long Island, New York
12 posted 2003-06-19 01:15 PM

PPS...My finger is alright now...and I must say...I really enjoyed the conveying ideas. Peace!

"Life is not measured by the moments we take,but by the moments that take our breaths away." -Author Unkown.

mysticpoe
since 2003-02-28
Posts 883

13 posted 2003-06-20 10:33 AM

MysticDreamer, thank you for your comments and in-depth analogy. Appreciated.

mysticpoe

mysticpoe
since 2003-02-28
Posts 883

14 posted 2003-06-20 10:36 AM

WindSong, thanks for responsing and commenting. Hope your figure is OK.

mysticpoe

WindSong
since 2002-12-23
Posts 313
Long Island, New York
15 posted 2003-06-20 11:32 AM

It's fine now...But I really did like your write. seriously, I did. I had to of...otherwise I wouldn't have burned my finger...Hehe. PEace! Love! Happiness!
~*~* *~*~

jellybeans
Member Elite
since 2000-10-13
Posts 2298

16 posted 2003-06-20 01:58 PM

well, sigh...it might be easier in the beginning, but when it becomes the air you breathe, it is not easy to get rid of, so the ones who are 'tolerant' are much better off, in the short run and in the end...
nice work

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
17 posted 2003-06-20 10:59 PM

(big hugggssssssss) There is certainly no tolerance in hatred, but rather tolerance in pity, where those who corrupt the conduit to an understanding and peace must face the retribution of guilt and regret! (sigh) This is well-said, dearest friend, God Bless You, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet friend, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Underneath your clothes, there's an endless story

***Shakira***

mysticpoe
since 2003-02-28
Posts 883

18 posted 2003-06-21 12:17 PM

WindSong, thanks again and thanks for your active commentary responses. You have a lot of energy to share here.

mysticpoe

jellybeans, when it becomes the air we breathe. I see wisdom follows you. Thanks for your comments and stopping by.

mysticpoe

Noah, comforting and heart warming comments as usual. Good to here from you again.

mysticpoe

If nothing is something
then everything is
our thoughts and feelings
and all that exists.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » hatred/tolerance

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary