navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » I am Not Afraid
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic I am Not Afraid Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
edh
since 2003-03-26
Posts 111

0 posted 2003-03-30 02:23 PM

I am not afraid.  For in you there is no fear.
How can they harm me for in you there is no harm.

When will they let me love them as you have loved them for in you there is no contempt for loving, but contempt for failing to recognize it's eternal giving.

I have strength in you who find love for me.  I have strength in you who finds the strength to help me love you.

For if I truly love you then I can find no hate for anyone and only sorrow for those who are kept from loving you by the world's overpowering temptation to push or be pushed.

To Kill or be Killed.

But to die for wanting to go and be with you who would lie down as a lamb among wolves and coyly, innocently, die.

Oh please take me peaceably in your arm and protect me from the greatest one in this world.

The most evil.  The most sought after but betrayed because he cannot lay as a lamb among wolves.

So he stands among the wolves and fights and the most evil fight to see who will tear off the largest piece  of flesh.

Oh you lay down your life and give them nothing to fight over except their spoils.

So let them fight over what remains of my flesh.

My spirit shall dance in the distance as they have their fill of what I no longer need.

Yes, take my flesh - for I no longer strive to make it fit the world's standards.

I only strive to dwell in the House Most High.

The house that their hands cannot build but the house that their hands should touch its everlasting beauty.......

and lie down as lambs before it.

© Copyright 2003 edh - All Rights Reserved
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
1 posted 2003-03-31 06:16 PM

It is written that king David had a heart after God's own heart and it is evedent here in my opinion from your writings that you have a heart similar to that of David's. These are wonderful expressions of your submission and devotion to God, to God's Love, and to the dwelling place of God. Very well written expressions from your heart I thought. Good job.

-Bob

edh
since 2003-03-26
Posts 111

2 posted 2003-03-31 09:06 PM

That you are able to recognize this means a lot to me.  With people like you out there it makes me feel that my reaching out is not falling on deaf ears.

People really don't know how the pure truth is so very painful.

Things must be done carefully.
Love is patient.  Love is kind.  Love endures all.

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
3 posted 2003-03-31 10:50 PM

(big hugggsssssss) God Bless You, sweet friend, and you shall find this special haven as all He wants is to be believed in and He is always listening to us all and will see to it evil can't lay hands upon us and justice will be made by the power of love in forgiveness and penitence! (sigh) You write with such special depth, sweet friend, God Bless You, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet friend, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

Whippoorwill
since 2003-03-12
Posts 60
Arizona
4 posted 2003-04-01 02:57 AM

Hi,
Thank you for you faith. This higher faith is how we live our lives. I am called oversensitive becasue I cry when I read about such faith.  I know that I am not oversensitive, I am only a faithful child of God, grateful for poets like you. In the Spirit, Whippoorwill

The breath of God and the breath of a   human comingled creates holy poetry.
  "Women Who Run With the Wolves"
    Clarissa Pinkola Estes Phd.

edh
since 2003-03-26
Posts 111

5 posted 2003-04-01 11:28 AM

You all are so very special to me.  I really want you to know that and know how very much you are loved.
mysticpoe
since 2003-02-28
Posts 883

6 posted 2003-04-01 11:32 AM

Hi edh, these sound like fighting words. We can fight evil only thru God. Nice poem.

mysticpoe

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » I am Not Afraid

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary