navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Inspired at the end of a women's retreat
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Inspired at the end of a women's retreat Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
VAS
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-16
Posts 7450
Oregon

0 posted 2003-02-26 10:48 AM

in His time
my burdens came down
they fell away
and exposed His crown

©February 25, 2003

Loosing Fear

She’s tossed away
her bag of bricks;
her life won’t lead
with words nor tricks.

She’s been touched
by His Holy Dove
and takes each step
with unconditional love.

She’s learned the truth
of loosing fear,
it helps her listen,
it makes things clear.

No more shaking
in boots of clay;
she’s found the truth
and been shown the way.

©February 25, 2003

His Touch

He touches us
physically
through the gentle,
loving hands of His children.

He touches us
emotionally
with words and beauty,
the beauty of a canary’s song,
the wonder of a sunrise,
the serenity of a sunset.

He touches us
spiritually
with whispers
deep within our very core,
from the center of our hearts,
through the pain
and agony
of our disobedience,
He touches us,
unconditionally.

He touches us
even in the places
for which we were unaware
had need;
He touches us

there.

©February 25, 2003

Whether on the shoal or on the shore,
I'll seek the lighthouse evermore.

© Copyright 2003 Virginia Salter - All Rights Reserved
Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
1 posted 2003-02-26 11:59 AM

Beautiful work VAS. Why haven't I seen you in the book submissions?  Joyce
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
2 posted 2003-02-26 12:53 PM

Do you think that if the next time you gals have one of these that us men could just hang out at the back door so we could listen in??? OMG (Could you imagine???) I do encourage my wife to go to these "women's retreats" as well because they do offer so many fundamental marriage benefits. (Amen)

I am reminded from your first poem "Losing Fear" that perfect love casts away all of our fears and from your second poem "His Touch" I am reminded that God is all knowing of what we are in need of even before we ask. Though I did like your first poem for it is very relevant to our feelings as we face what seems to be certain peril in the world today, your second poem touched me personally the most (no pun intended) because you really bring to light how many various, unique, and most marvelous ways God can and truly does touch our lives. Welcome back from camp, my friend, and I'm very glad that you came back and shared a bit of what you were taught with us here.

-Bob

If you are interested in submitting a poem here is some information that might be helpful to you....

Click Here!!!

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
3 posted 2003-02-26 01:34 PM

(smiles) Oh Virginia, I am so happy you're back too, I love both these poems and I think the second one would make an excellent submission to Reflections definitely, yay! (kiss on cheek) I've missed your words areound here lately, sweet friend, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Virginia, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

VAS
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-16
Posts 7450
Oregon
4 posted 2003-02-26 02:32 PM

Thank you all for your wonderfully encouraging words. Lighthousebob, this particular women's retreat was preceded by a men's retreat where the husbands and single men first attended. Therefore, the relationships with God and each other are strengthened from all sides.

Have you ever been on a men's retreat?
Have you ever made your "Walk to Emmaus?" The ones that occur in eastern Washington and Oregon are extremely powerful!

Whether on the shoal or on the shore,
I'll seek the lighthouse evermore.

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
5 posted 2003-02-26 03:30 PM

....yes I have been to different Christian Men's Camps and I have also been a Children's Camp counselor and I must say it has always been a revitalizing experience to join with so many men and to be close to nature, sing Christian songs, and study the Word of God. (Amen) I have not taken the "Walk to Emmaus" of which you refer, but being familiar with the scripture and knowing that it was on the road to Emmaus that Jesus joined the men after His resurrection, this walk sounds like it would be a powerful experience indeed. God bless and again Welcome Back.

-Bob

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Inspired at the end of a women's retreat

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary