navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Water, Alcohol and Wine
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Water, Alcohol and Wine Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
the_jazzician
since 2003-01-03
Posts 30

0 posted 2003-02-02 09:46 PM

Water, Alcohol and Wine

Love is the water God has given us,
Hatred is the un-necessary alcohol we have made from it.

Why when I know water's wealth
do I run
from the stream,
to drink alcohol's poverty
from hatred's cup?

If I am ever to drink from that cup,
let it be wine,
the beneficial alcohol-
the hatred of evil.
Copyright ©2003 Alex Constantine Kozobolis

"First remove the plank from your own eye so you can see better to remove the splinter from your brother's eye" - Jesus        

© Copyright 2003 johnny hungry - All Rights Reserved
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
1 posted 2003-02-02 09:57 PM

Only you can answer that question I think, but if you wish to change the cup you drink from he will be there to help you along the way.

~ The soul lies buried in ink that does not flow ~

Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
2 posted 2003-02-02 11:07 PM

God's pure water and His love are all we need.  I think you are saying so.  Joyce
the_jazzician
since 2003-01-03
Posts 30

3 posted 2003-02-02 11:49 PM

thats correct Joyce his pure love is all we need , i was just trying to make the point that as fallible human beings we often try to change what does not need to be changed and this results in bad products. God's love is all we need to possess and share and its what he gave us, but from it  we created hatred. Unfortunately as humans its not possible much as we'd love to , to stay at the divinely crafted "stream" of Gods love, we all sin, no matter how deep our faith and it is this sin or hatred of love that we occassionally drink from the humanly crafted "cup". As christians or believers in the one true god we should all through prayer try and stay as near to the stream as possible so that when we are thirsty we will drink God's water. The slight point i was making about the wine is that in the same way wine is the only alcoholic drink that's been medically proven healthy for the body, hatred of evil is the only form of hatred that is good for the soul. God bless you all

"First remove the plank from your own eye so you can see better to remove the splinter from your brother's eye" - Jesus        

Ericc
Member Elite
since 2003-01-31
Posts 4178

4 posted 2003-02-03 04:19 PM

Amen.
His pure love...thank you for expresssing it so beautifuly.
Eric

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
5 posted 2003-02-03 11:43 PM

(big hugggssssssss) Seriously I don't underdtand how anyone can stand drinking that wine and alcohol, why destroy your soul when you can purify it with the love that is never elusive? (sigh) God Bless You, sweet friend, this is very wise, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Alex, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
6 posted 2003-02-04 02:38 PM

You've inspired me much to think about here... I like how you use "Water, Alcohol and Wine" to represent something much deeper... Love, Hatred, and a kind of Righteous Hatred... Very interesting. I've read that there is a time to Love and a time to Hate... I know that our Love can cover a multitude of sins, but just thinking within myself, I really don't believe that one can Love evil to death... Our Love can cover, but I don't think it can destroy. Perhaps there needs to be a genuine Hatred toward Evil in order for GOD's Love to totally wash the slate clean... I agree with the saying that I've heard many times.... We are to Love the sinner, but we are to Hate their sin. (Amen) I think this saying is true and even more so concerning our own selves.... We are to Love ourselves, but we should perhaps have a Righteous (Wine Like) Hatred toward our sin. Like what you wrote here, wine that is proven healthy for the body could be like a Righteous Hatred that is good for cleansing the soul. Anyway, too much to expound on here about all the thoughts that your poem inspired, but very inspirational to say the least.  GOD bless.

-Bob

the_jazzician
since 2003-01-03
Posts 30

7 posted 2003-02-08 05:35 AM

So glad you liked the poem Bob, and thankyou to everyone for the replies. God bless you all

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Water, Alcohol and Wine

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary