navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Amour to Ponder
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Amour to Ponder Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
poettothecars
since 2006-02-10
Posts 1093
New Zealand

0 posted 2006-06-30 04:51 AM

Amour to Ponder

30 June 2006

Reality was love
this path to a heart
Across a world
a spirit touching hands

As to Christ, his love
His way of perfect being
As to the beauty of a woman in a man’s eyes
her kindness, her spoken verse
debonair in ways interment to course

Two ships, sailing on a wind
emotions riding high upon His soul
Do we love, or do we not
those things we let deny

That of Deity in beauty borne
this reality within a whispering breath
A smile, heart felt eyes, heaven upon earth
this Christ, this amour to ponder

“Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs
is the kingdom of heaven. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great
is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which
were before you. Let your light so shine before men, that they may
see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”
Matthew 5: 3, 10, 12, 16 KJV

© 2006 Christopher W Herbert (a New Zealand Poet)

a poet who cares

© Copyright 2006 Christopher W Herbert - All Rights Reserved
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
1 posted 2006-07-01 06:56 AM

Hello Christopher, New Zealand and Italy meet on Pip across the world and find a common emotion in Christ.

I love your words, thank you as always for sharing also the Gospel.

quote:
Reality was love
this path to a heart
Across a world
a spirit touching hands

Beautiful! God bless.

Love,
Margherita

[This message has been edited by Margherita (07-01-2006 08:26 AM).]

poettothecars
since 2006-02-10
Posts 1093
New Zealand
2 posted 2006-07-01 07:08 AM

thanks for your kind words regardless of the Geography

in the case of the poem, it is New Zealand and Canada meet,
but I am sure in sharing there is more to kindness than where one happens to live

a poet who cares

[This message has been edited by poettothecars (07-01-2006 08:36 AM).]

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
3 posted 2006-07-01 08:30 AM

Dear Christopher, I remembered before you corrected me, but meanwhile I had lunch and could not come back to modify ...

I think by sharing here our poems, we truly reach out to the whole world. I just said what I said, because we were here in the same moment too.

While you welcome the night I guess, we are struggling through the hottest time of the day, it's now 2.30 pm.

M.

poettothecars
since 2006-02-10
Posts 1093
New Zealand
4 posted 2006-07-01 08:41 AM

only in sharing your poems here on pip, there is that element of the "club" mentality, and if you don't belong, that feels more like you are being ignored in silence.

That is why I have spent 6 months debating the value of posting on pip personally to myself.

a poet who cares

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
5 posted 2006-07-01 10:05 AM

quote:
only in sharing your poems here on pip, there is that element of the "club" mentality, and if you don't belong, that feels more like you are being ignored in silence.

That is why I have spent 6 months debating the value of posting on pip personally to myself.

Dear  Christopher, this “club” is a very vast community and there are many Pip Members who post since the site was created in 1999, so it is only natural that there is a group of people knowing each other better than newcomers ever could.

But you see there are other reasons: first of all there are many poets who probably enjoy reading the poems of others, but they don’t have the time to reply or they don’t know what to say, even if they got a message. If we have no expectations, we are much happier, still there is joy in sharing.

Furthermore: if you only post your own poems and never or rarely reply to other poets’ poems, you will have to agree that your hurt of being ignored is felt also by the others.

Let’s go into statistical detail: you have posted  until now 310 poems and have a number of total posts of 675, which means that for every one of your originating posts you have sent an average of 2,1 replies. And considering that you often comment to replies on your own poems, we have even a smaller average of replies by you to other posts. In comparison to my own average number  of replies to other poets yours is really very small: I have 150 originating posts and 6870 total posts, which means for every poem of my own, I post an average of 45,8 replies to others.

So, don’t you think, that in comparison to your own situation, I might have more doubts about other poets liking my own poetry than you?  I have a few generous loving poets who sincerely like my poetry I am sure, but it’s quite obvious that a great number of members here ignore me too … So what? We can’t be appreciated by everybody, we all have our own style, so you might as well stop worrying … maybe you might open up a little? I.e.: you have never replied to any of my poems, while I have often sent replies to yours. Just something to ponder…. not only for you!

Love and have a nice week-end.
Margherita

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
6 posted 2006-07-01 12:06 PM

Enjoyed your pondering.

-Bob

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Amour to Ponder

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary