navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Non-believers
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Non-believers Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
SPIRIT
since 2002-12-29
Posts 1745
California Desert

0 posted 2003-01-01 01:37 AM

Non-believers gather
And face
The storms alone.
They make no attempt
To know
The Mighty Protector.

How sad
Their losses
Due to denial
They deprive themselves
Of the comfort
And love
Afforded them
By the
Heavenly Father.

Who do they thank
For the bounties
In their lives?

Regardless
He patiently awaits for them
To join his flock,
To walk into His
Ever waiting, open arms.

HE BELIEVES - IN THEM.

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
Oscar Wilde

© Copyright 2003 das - All Rights Reserved
GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
1 posted 2003-01-01 12:46 PM

its sad, isn't it, to see those who hold no faith in Him trying to make it through life. And some feel so determined and hang on so well, but they have nothing but themselves just for not acknowledging truth.

Lets not give up on them.. just as the Holy Father never game up on us
I enjoyed this.

Always, Alyssa

- And so it was that time stood still -
     (blink, breathe, stand, fight)

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

2 posted 2003-01-01 03:46 PM

Now Spirit, you've checked your critique flag so I'm going to speak honestly here - please don't take this the wrong way ok?

Sorry to throw a stone at the niceness but don't you think this is patronising in tone?

For starters, I think non-believers often do a little more than live in 'denial' or 'try to make it through life' - to quote GG.

Secondly, how do you know that non-believers 'make no attempt to know the Mighty Protector'??

Churches, unfortunately, are often full of arrogant, smug people happy in their superiority of a guaranteed afterlife. NOT saying you are like this at all - but saying that your poem, the way it comes across, smacks of that same arrogance. I'm sure you're genuninely concerned with the spiritual state of others - I just think you need to look at the tone you have used in your poem.

hugs, hope that wasn't too harsh.

K

Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
3 posted 2003-01-01 03:55 PM

Dear Spirit.

God does believe in us even when we are doubtful.  But He will prevail.  Love, Joyce

SPIRIT
since 2002-12-29
Posts 1745
California Desert
4 posted 2003-01-01 04:32 PM

I have written a prayer book called "From Whence Does It come" because I actually am not a very religious person. I am comfortable in my beliefs of the God of my understanding. He has always stood by me and protected me, even when for the most part i didn't deserve it.In spite of the fact that I don't go to Church, I don't like organised religion, it just does not work for me at all. Also I am a lousy prayor and am in awe of these people who spout of prayers at a drop of a hat and know just what to say, because I don't. I admire the way they talk about God with no embarrasment, I get embarrassed and tongue tied.  So, in all honesty I don't know where the prayers came from. A lot of them where scribbled in the middle of the night when I awakened with dreams and not until I deciphered what my scribbling said the next morning was I aware it was a prayer. I believe I would classify myself as more Spiritual than religious.  I appreciate the many blessings in my life and try only to have a positive outlook even when things look pretty bleak.  I also have one son and a nephew who are very agnostic and I have asked them many times who they thank for the good things in their lives. They humor me but laugh at me also to think I am so naive as to believe in this One God, that I put all my faith into.  They live very morally right lives and as was said by the Dalai Lama
IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER WE ARE A BELIEVER OR AN AGNOSTIC, WHETHER WE BELIEVE IN GOD OR KARMA, MORAL ETHICS IS A CODE WHICH EVERYONE IS ABLE TO PURSUE. I am not so sorry for their lack of belief so much as that they thank no-one. I wrote this prayer for my son and my nephew.

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
Oscar Wilde

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
5 posted 2003-01-01 07:11 PM

(big hugggsssssssss) I can't believe how many musicians, artists, carpenters, and philanthropists live without God as a constant companion, it saddens me deeply and I feel believing in such a love can sanctify us all and hold us high to supremity and justice! (sigh) God Bless You, sweet friend, may he always believe in those who don't believe in Him too in hope they will find consolence, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Das, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

SPIRIT
since 2002-12-29
Posts 1745
California Desert
6 posted 2003-01-01 07:51 PM

Thank you. I appreciate all your comments.

My perspective of me is different,
As I look out from within,
Than that of others on the outside,
Trying to look in.     ©spirit

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
7 posted 2003-01-02 02:45 AM

I agree, GOD is so very patient with us. Amen.  In light of your poem, it's wonderful to meditate on the scriptures here that states that GOD chose us in Him before the foundation of the world... I don't believe that there was any arrogance intended here what-so-ever on your part... Only a deep seeded appreciation to have been one of the chosen.  I believe your poem to be a most sincere call to the unbeliever to acknowledge (To Thank) the One who is not of this world who gives  Peace, Joy, Love, and Happiness like none other that can be found in the confines of this world. Again, wonderful poetry, GOD bless you, and thank you for sharing.

-Bob

[This message has been edited by Lighthousebob (01-02-2003 02:52 AM).]

SPIRIT
since 2002-12-29
Posts 1745
California Desert
8 posted 2003-01-02 06:28 AM

You are very kind. Thank you.

My perspective of me is different,
As I look out from within,
Than that of others on the outside,
Trying to look in.     ©spirit

aries_luv_ppl
since 2001-09-20
Posts 1448
Universal Mind
9 posted 2003-01-02 07:52 PM

your last line hit my heart home...Thanks so much, I need that breath of lines- His believe in us and patience...thanks.

Eliza Simmons
~Sometimes when I look back at what I wrote, I don't recognize the 'Me' in the past anymore.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Non-believers

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary