navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Blessed
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Blessed Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
aries_luv_ppl
since 2001-09-20
Posts 1448
Universal Mind

0 posted 2002-12-30 01:11 AM

Blessed, are birds and mammals
Who nurse their young
And migrate in large.

Blessed, are those of their youngs
Who can sleep under their closest's furs
And worry...nothing...but sleep...

Blessed, is me,
Who is still under the warmest wings
Of my parents...
And worry nothing...
Nothing beside...
Beside living within my childhood's world,
Rest, eat, study a little, then another day.
Fear nothing...but not getting an 'A'.

Yes, I do fear...
The fear of loneliness I do fear.
Loneliness of friendless, this I do fear;
Loneliness of losing my wings, this I do fear.
Fear of independent, this I do fear.

I know I'm blessed
With a family I have depended on for so long...
Yes, I know I'm blessed...
But can I...
Can I become more than just a luggage...of others?
Can I...
Can I learn to return the grace?

Yes, I'm blessed
By You...my Lord...

Blessed, are birds and mammals
Who nurse their young
And migrate in large.

Blessed, are those of their youngs
Who can sleep under their closest's furs
And worry...nothing...but sleep...

Blessed, are those who give thanks,
And who has a forgiving heart...

Eliza Simmons
~Sometimes when I look back at what I wrote, I don't recognize the 'Me' in the past anymore.

© Copyright 2002 Eliza Simmons - All Rights Reserved
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
1 posted 2002-12-30 02:20 AM

Well the words are different as I am over 50 now but I sure remember being grateful for what I had, and full of fear at the same time of the future.  You have to hand what you find hard to carry over to him and he will help - trust me - he will help.  I wish you well and you will fly free one day, and probably your children too will feel this very same thing, its normal.

May a handshake, smile, kiss or a hug be the best present you give or receive this year.

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
2 posted 2002-12-30 10:40 AM

Yes, you are truly blessed my poet friend!!!  ...But I am kind of surprised that you didn't get an "A"....??  Just Kidding!!!  Well, enjoy the Break before it's all over and then it's back to those books.  I pray that GOD will continue to bless you that you may enjoy and prosper much in your education during these very special times of your life.

-Bob

Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
3 posted 2002-12-30 01:43 PM

Eliza:  Most of us go through the same things you are right now!  I can remember how frightening the world seemed to me, when I left home and struck out on my own.
You are blessed with fine parents who have your welfare at heart and I'm sure you will always have friends and people who appreciate you.  Your poetry is a pathway too, to others.

Betty Lou Hebert

Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
4 posted 2002-12-31 02:11 AM

Yes this is a blessed world when good parents take care of their young until they can stand on their own feet.  This is a lovely write, Eliza.  Joyce
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
5 posted 2003-01-01 06:49 PM

(smiles) Yes, I am blessed because though I have suffered so much in my life, I live on and I have a family to help me grow my roots and wings, that I have a shirt on my back, that I am healthy and I keep on dreaming for me! (kiss on cheek) God Bless You, sweet friend, know you are blessed also, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Eliza, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
6 posted 2003-01-02 06:34 PM

It was a blessing to see your venture into the archives today.  Just want you to know that you are a blessing and thank you for your kind response to my poem titled The Miracle of Life.  God bless you my fellow poet and student friend.

-Bob

aries_luv_ppl
since 2001-09-20
Posts 1448
Universal Mind
7 posted 2003-01-02 07:44 PM

Thank you very much Bob. Your comment mean so much. Besh wish to you, my friend.

Eliza Simmons
~Sometimes when I look back at what I wrote, I don't recognize the 'Me' in the past anymore.

SPIRIT
since 2002-12-29
Posts 1745
California Desert
8 posted 2003-01-02 09:41 PM

This is a really fine piece. When you find your own way you will manage very well in spite of the fear, a supportive family is such an asset and you will find that you have been prepared for your flight far more than you realize.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Blessed

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary