navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » The Mirror
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Mirror Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California

0 posted 2005-02-13 10:15 PM

The Mirror

Upon this lake she came to gaze
and stood there for awhile
reflecting on her moods and ways
as seen there in her smile
not moving much for true to touch
she knew the lake would be
soon troubled by a stare or glare
received quiescently
the silver moon rose to its perch
to rest up in the sky
and cast its light upon her sight
where distant stars grew nigh
within the lake where none could break
the silence of a sigh
when there was seen a soul so clean
that Christ could come tonight.

God bless,
Lighthouse Bob

© Copyright 2005 Robert E. Michaud Jr. - All Rights Reserved
Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
1 posted 2005-02-14 12:32 PM

Wonderful Bob.  You amaze me.  Love, Joyce
GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
2 posted 2005-02-14 10:56 AM

At times I'm so excited about His return... and then other times I look at people like my mom and sister, and just hope so much that He'll wait so that I might see them in Eternity as well. But yes, someday He will come, and it will be amazing...

Love the image you created here. Wonderful, as always.

God bless you as well...

Always, Alyssa

He was a man of sorrows
...I am a girl of tears.

Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
3 posted 2005-02-14 05:20 PM

Bob;  Really beautiful!

Betty Lou

Betty Lou Hebert

juliet_2u
since 2000-07-23
Posts 1125
North Carolina
4 posted 2005-02-15 09:07 AM

Bob, just as lovely as I remember. You were always able to touch my heart. Thank you for this beautiful gift this mornin. Long time my friend.
Hugs,
Jules

saved_by_grace
since 2005-01-08
Posts 332
In the arms of God...
5 posted 2005-02-15 07:50 PM

Wow...I loved this, Bob!!  
And I totally agree with what Alyssa said...I too am waiting for other loved ones to realize and accept the beautiful gift God has given us [as I am sure most of us are]...but I wait in great anticipation for His return!  
Thank you for sharing your wonderful heart here, Bob!!!  [Keepin' this one!]

God bless!!  

In Christ,

Becka

The miracle is you're here,
and the miracle is you're loved...
Even if you're the last on earth
you're loved from up above!!

--  Becka Morgan

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
6 posted 2005-02-16 12:31 PM

Joyce,

(Smiles) I do think that you are quite Amazing yourself. Thanks for reading and for your very kind compliment. -Bob

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
7 posted 2005-02-16 01:00 PM

Alyssa,

I am soooo glad that you stopped in for a visit here and I do so appreciate your comment here as it does show to me your Compassion for not only your Mom and your Sister, but also for All who have not yet accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior. I agree with what you have said, but I also trust that God knows and only God knows when that day will be and when that hour comes it will most assuredly be at the most perfect time. Again, you have a beautiful beautiful heart and I thank you so much for sharing a bit of it here. -Bob

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
8 posted 2005-02-16 01:14 PM

Betty Lou,

Thank you for reading and for your "Really beautiful!" reply. I do appreciate hearing from you. God bless. -Bob

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
9 posted 2005-02-16 01:29 PM

Hi Jules,

I must admit that I had forgotten who you were so I had to go back and investigate a little and, WOW, it's been about 4 years. After my brief investigation, I do remember your "Penny for Your Thoughts" poem very very well and I'm thinking that perhaps your guardian angel must have helped lead you back. I was also gone for about a year and have also just returned. (Diabetic Retinopothy-Blindness) I read your message just prior to your leaving and I am believing in faith that things for you are much much better now and that you will be back posting poetry again very soon, Oh, and let me say without any further delay..... My friend, "Welcome Home."  -Bob

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
10 posted 2005-02-16 02:09 PM

Becka,

Thank you. We do have a kindred spirit here as I too feel the same way as you both and I too do look forward to the return of Jesus Christ with Great Expectation. (Smiles)  I'm sooo glad that you are keeping this one. Also, I do believe it takes great trust on our part to know without a doubt that God is in control and, as stated above, that whenever Jesus returns that it will be at the most perfect time. Thank you again so much for visiting and for commenting on my poetry. I do appreciate.  -Bob

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » The Mirror

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary