navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » untitled
Teen Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic untitled Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada

0 posted 2002-11-21 09:18 PM

theres no more understanding
im not staying around any longer
the sun has set
the moon has exploded
im ready to give up
i dont care what you say
the oceans are rolling
my heart is breaking
already broken
how about it?
could you forget me?
tommrow?
i would
the world goes black
the blood flows
the sky used to be so blue.....

Regina

© Copyright 2002 Regina Levy - All Rights Reserved
knightlyshadows
since 2001-04-14
Posts 791
obscured vision
1 posted 2002-11-22 05:23 AM

this doesn't seem to have your usual touch of..anger, for lack of a better word. it's actually sad and disheartening xX; i liked your usage of imagery in this, 'the moon has exploded,'the world goes black,' etc. it really brought an element to the piece that made it worldly almost. like this could be anyone, anywhere. as for giving up...there's sometimes nothing else that you can do, even as it kills you inside.
i hope youre ok Regina. *hugs*

“A single choice can build destinies, or destroy them.”

Getting away, isn't Running away.

"The hurt that you try to hide, is killing me."

OtherSideOfTheMirror
since 2002-12-19
Posts 245

2 posted 2003-01-21 04:20 PM

Well I'm really bringing out something old but I'm SOOOOOOOO bored so I'm going through and reading things... and i REALLY liked this.  I haven't seen anything else that I can remember but this was really good!!!
fearing-laughter
since 2001-04-24
Posts 605
land of cheese (Wisconsin)
3 posted 2003-01-22 02:27 AM

hey ina,
this was crazy sad, but still true..if that makes sense. the last line was so damn great, cuz as you were reading it you were like 'wow, isn't this depressing!" but then you get to 'the sky used to be so blue...' and it makes it worth it. thanks for sharing.
-bergundy-

"crack my head open, on your kitchen floor. to prove to you, that i have brains." -Alkaline Trio

Poet on Acid
since 2001-01-07
Posts 325
Florida, USA
4 posted 2003-01-29 02:31 PM

hey, it's Tony. I will contact you later on in February. I have a long story to tell you as to why I haven't been online in a long time. I talk to you later
Love Tony. ~P.O.A.~

PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
5 posted 2003-01-31 09:59 PM

Mmmmmmm.... a tasty, tasty piece here, Regina. I throroughly enjoyed this poetic offering.

Great imagery. Useing 'break' in one line and the immediate following one sort of bugged me, and could you forget me, the could didn't fit the sound of the poem up to that point. That said, this is a fav of mine of tonight's reading.

I'm Titus, by the way, if you don't recognize me.

~Titus

Es ist gut, daß das Leben die Toten studieren sollte.

Marshalzu
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-15
Posts 2681
Lurking
6 posted 2003-02-03 11:50 AM

quote:
the sun has set
the moon has exploded

Wow, this peice is very well written and as the quote above shows extremely dramatic, I kind of felt that it wasn't over the top and that there was a balance, which was nice to read. Anyway thanks for sharing such a great peice of writing

Andrew

My Violent Bedtime Stories

poohbear19
since 2003-02-02
Posts 94
Colorado, USA
7 posted 2003-02-03 06:08 PM

This is a very good poem, such good imagery and very heartfelt good job and keep writing.

Andrea

Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
8 posted 2003-02-03 07:00 PM

thanks everyone for your replies..its very weird to see an old piece back up their...well anyways..thx again

Regina

"heaven truley knows that thou art false as hell...one that loved not wisely,but too well..she swore..'twas a strange ,'twas passing strange"-othello

lonelyone2032
since 2002-11-17
Posts 13

9 posted 2003-02-03 07:09 PM

wow regina! i thought this was such a good poem. i hope to read another poem that was this good from u soon!
much luv,
   *Ash*

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
10 posted 2003-02-04 01:47 PM

Very strong poem ina You really got your emotions through on this one

Standing on the edge of the world
Now I don’t want you to catch me
I want you to let me
Stand up here and walk on my own

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » untitled

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary