navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » in your shadow
Teen Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic in your shadow Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
dinky
since 2002-10-19
Posts 258

0 posted 2002-10-20 07:35 PM

our relationship is slowly decaying
so away i am running
i am hiding in your shadow
hoping that you wont go
i need you with me
i need you to make me happy
in your arms i lied
now all i can do is cry
Why?
am i think about you sadly
Why?
do i run and hide
maybe its beacuse you lied
so why?
did you lie to me
and break what we had
u were so bad to me  
but i still
am so sad

© Copyright 2002 samantha rae - All Rights Reserved
PoeticGoddessOfDepression
since 2002-07-02
Posts 439
I am everywhere
1 posted 2002-10-20 07:39 PM

My ear hurts.
I liked this, it didn't (stink)

keep posting.

(you want potatoes and ham, yea, yea??)

"I've been trapped inside your hearshaped box for weeks"

ShadyMakaveli
since 2002-08-21
Posts 128

2 posted 2002-10-20 07:55 PM

i really liked the message this was getting across and ur not alone by any means. It's really too bad that many people have to experience this kinda thing. Good work though.
quietlydying
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-06-10
Posts 935
the wonderful land of oz
3 posted 2002-10-20 07:58 PM

i think you should use a little punctuation.

your pieces would greatly benefit from the addition.  it gives the reader a better sense of what you're trying to say, where to pause and reflect, etc.

and it does make it easier to read as the poem doesn't have the never-ending effect.

but i did like the poem a lot.

good write and thanks for sharing.

/jen/

to give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer.  [ghandi]

devinechild22
since 2002-08-28
Posts 571

4 posted 2002-10-20 09:02 PM

Sam.... This poem is a masterpiece. Don`t worry bout jen (quietlydying). She said the same thing to me. IN my opinion......Poetry doesn`t need punctuation. Poetry is a freeform self-expression. I think that (sometimes) if you put punctuation in a poem...it kind of turns off the whole idea of it being from the heart. If you are really gonna write poetry...I think that you should type it from the heart. You shouldn`t bother your creative mind flow with problems of puctuation. That is just my opinion tho. Do whatever YOU want....
clve527
since 2002-07-08
Posts 200

5 posted 2002-10-20 09:34 PM

Well personally, my heart feels complete punctuate feelings...

Casey

quietlydying
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-06-10
Posts 935
the wonderful land of oz
6 posted 2002-10-20 10:10 PM

hi devinechild22.  in my eyes those types of comments really aren't appropriate for teen.  they create negative and harsh feelings between members.  as well as the fact that they do give the other members false impressions of a nonexistent quarrel.

i was giving advice.  trying to be very sensitive since the critique flag wasn't up.  if you have any questions, please email me.  [the link to the address is at the top of the page with the other moderators'.]

i do also feel it's inappropriate to comfort a poety for a non-existent attack.

thanks for understanding.

/jen/

to give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer.  [ghandi]

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
7 posted 2002-10-21 10:51 AM

Alright kids break it up. No more horse play. Let us not insult the poet by having arguments in the topic of the poem. The poem was well written. Done nicely. I enjoyed it fully.
Now, as jen was kindly suggesting: The use of punctuation would have made the poem flowed better. It aids the reader in understanding where the poet would like for you to stop and go. However, it is not completely necessary. If you choose not to, then do not. Simple as that.  

As far as punctuation not coming from the heart.......I don't know about you folks, but I'm semi-in love with the colon -:- Gotta love it.

This post has been brought to you by the 'Totally Awesome Society of Puerto Rican Egotistical Sexy Men'.

[This message has been edited by Dopey Dope (10-21-2002 10:52 AM).]

Local Parasite
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2001-11-05
Posts 2527
Transylconia, Winnipeg
8 posted 2002-10-21 12:53 PM

I like this... I think that the neglection of punctuation kind of sped it up and kept it from having many pauses.  but Jen clearly likes to take a breath (what a wimp ) once and a while, which is okay...

Poetry can come from the heart and still have time taken to be written with a more advanced skill, however.  I think you will all agree that poetry is a form of art, and that as such, it should either be expressive or a method of "mimesis" (I think that's how it's spelled), in that you capture an already existing element of nature or reality and describe it in some artistic way.  Of course, you can always try to improve the quality of your poetry by altering the method in which you deliver whatever you wish to express... be it through learning a bit more punctuation, trying new formats, et cetera.  I think poetry is merely a method to communicate an idea.  This method doesn't come from the heart, it comes from the mind... even if the content comes from the heart.

And Javier - I'm fully in love with the semi-colon.  So does that mean, mathematically, we're involved in some kind of love triangle?

;

Parasite

Learn to place poetry before people
Before you place your poetry before the people.
~Andrey Kneller

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
9 posted 2002-10-21 12:59 PM

I surely hope not

but let me take the time to say- great poem again

devinechild22
since 2002-08-28
Posts 571

10 posted 2002-10-22 04:42 PM

UMMMM In no way did I mean to offend anyone. I was merely stating my opinion.IS that not what this site is all about? All I was saying was how I had an opinion on the matter. If my opinion is not wanted I would be happy to find another site to post my opinion and poetry on. Just as long as no one is offended by it. Good poem Sam.

(here is some more drama for you sam.)

*Allison*

foreverwithyou
since 2002-10-20
Posts 204
Wonderland
11 posted 2002-10-22 07:13 PM

this was good sam
PoeticGoddessOfDepression
since 2002-07-02
Posts 439
I am everywhere
12 posted 2002-10-22 08:19 PM

lol Sam, this is funny.

Anyway- I read you're poem again (and all the replies) and it's still wondeful.. with or without propper punctuation.
blee blah blee.

Talk to you soon.
(allion's tellin "HIM" tomorrow...
oooo, and Jennifer's been talkin smack about me.. we're gonna be back to this ( )again

"Sometimes, somethings turn into dumb things, and that's when you put your foot down."

Alone Afraid n' Away
since 2002-10-28
Posts 19

13 posted 2002-11-16 05:44 PM

It was really good sam tho sumtimes i got a little confused....(Alix said it reminded her of her and jose`)
NSnaomian
since 2002-07-22
Posts 232
In my troll closet I be
14 posted 2002-11-16 05:53 PM

Ya know, all I wanted to say...has been said already! Well, thanks guys. Trying to make me look bad eh?? Hehe well good job.

Laura

"I have seen what a laugh can do. It can transform almost unbearable tears into something bearable, even hopeful."
-Bob Hope-

boy and his spirit
since 2002-08-26
Posts 41
within my heart
15 posted 2002-11-17 12:03 PM

my lover (mister parasite) said in his reply,
"I think poetry is merely a method to communicate an idea.  This method doesn't come from the heart, it comes from the mind... even if the content comes from the heart."
i agree wholeleggedly. sometimes, when i need to spill the secrets of my heart, i cant do it in any other way other than poetry. I have a passion for poetry, isnt that why we are all here?

about the poem, it was very, very nice. beautiful, usually poems dont touch me, but this one did. visit my work sometime! its very alike.

Wind
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-10-12
Posts 2981

16 posted 2002-11-27 08:02 PM

Dinky, I enjoyed your poem.
Boy and His Spirit, is Brian really your"lover?"

Never be normal!

roxywrestlegirl04
since 2002-10-29
Posts 74
good ole DINWIDDIE
17 posted 2002-11-28 03:54 PM

geeze....everybody is argueing...haha....great poem...(i dont use punctuation either) no worries! GOOD JOB!

live,love,and die...but take RISKS..thatz what makes life worth the living, love worth the heartache,and death the new beginning!

dinky
since 2002-10-19
Posts 258

18 posted 2002-11-28 09:04 PM

hey,
this reply is for sara
thanx to every1 for replyin
and thanx for tellin me the truth, i have tryed to use punctuation more often but i think that that poem came really fast so there was no time for punctuation (lol)
but thanx again for replyin and bein honest
(happy sara i cant put the other paranthese or however u spell it right by the smiley cuz then it would look weird so i wrote this explainin wwhy)
~samantha~

"sometimes i just feel like
quittin i still might
why do i put up this fight?
why do i still write?"

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » in your shadow

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary