navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Fourth of July
Teen Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Fourth of July Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
sixington
since 2003-07-14
Posts 53
Utah

0 posted 2003-07-14 01:35 PM

The people swarm around
Dressed in red
White
Blue
And a little girl
All in pink

Saving the world,
One color at a time.
While i wear grey

Outside
Inside
Everything i see
In grey
Except the little girl
In pink.

Why couldn't that be me?

© Copyright 2003 Amanda - All Rights Reserved
Rise of Truth
since 2003-07-12
Posts 59
Beneath the Fury Sun
1 posted 2003-07-14 02:27 PM

My common refrain; diversity is beautiful.

Poetically, its attractive.  Though i'm at ends with the exact meaning.  Maybe this is one time i shall shut up and color.

I am the prophet
Harbinger of what you fear the most
Your enemy of belligerent honesty
Destroyer of your livelihood, built on falsehood

Song_for_Serenity
since 2003-05-28
Posts 97
USA
2 posted 2003-07-14 05:44 PM

Hey there! I'm assuming that you're the one I referred this site to from TOD. I hope you enjoy piptalk, you'll get a lot of really good critiquing here. People are honest, but kind. Anyhoo, this poem was good, but I agree with Rise of Truth, the meaning is a little vague, but maybe that's how it's supposed to be. Poetry's open for interpretation and really, it's about the poet. Once again, I hope you enjoy this site. Have a spiffy day!

~Angela
"Anything less than mad, passionate love is wasting your time...Life has too many mediocre things in it, love shouldn't be one of them..."

BrokenDreams
since 2003-02-09
Posts 425
In The Clouds
3 posted 2003-07-14 06:51 PM

First of all, welcome to Passions. This was a pretty good first post, and I look forward to seeing more from you, although I also can't really see one particular meaning behind it. Good write nonetheless.

-Jen

"One's philosophy is not best expressed in words; it's expressed in the choices on makes." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Fourth of July

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary