navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Where's My Desk?
Teen Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Where's My Desk? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
CwboyAtHeart
since 2001-04-14
Posts 541
Selah, WA, USA

0 posted 2003-04-22 06:35 PM

Yeah, we have to take this annoying WASL (Washington Assessment of Student Learning) this week in school...  We got split up into groups to take the test and I'm in a classroom that has the desks and tables all one piece.  I'm a big guy...  It doesn't work out very well.  It's not making fun of me, I'm not depressed, I'm just able to laugh about my being overweight.  Let me know what you think.  

WHERE'S MY DESK?

Here in class
Where chairs and desks are one
No, I am afraid
That is not a pun

I sit down
And then I get stuck
Us fat people
Have the worst of luck

I stand up
And try to walk away
My desk comes, too
It sticks with me all day

There is no room
For me to breathe
But from this desk
I cannot leave

I seem to have more room
Whenever I exhale
That's what happens
When you tip the scale

Out of my desk
I can not squeeze
Because my stomach
Hangs past my knees

- Cody -

Note To Self:  If Pigs Can Fly, So Can I!!!

If someboy laughs at me, does that make me funny or just plain stupid?  

© Copyright 2003 C.K.N. - All Rights Reserved
Dustin462
since 2002-08-09
Posts 23
Selah, WA
1 posted 2003-04-22 06:43 PM

LOL.  Nice Cody.  I think its funnier here than it was reading it at school today.  Anyway good luck with Unleashed.
punkrockerrobin
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-05-15
Posts 1180
Sparks, NV
2 posted 2003-04-27 02:46 AM

lol omg i got stuck in a desk one time to it was funny i was laughing at myself and making jokes cus it was so funny hey it happens roll with the flow!
robin

i am who i am and that's all that i am and all i shall ever be and if you don't like who i am then leave!

Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
3 posted 2003-04-27 07:56 PM

I was always on the opposite side of the weight spectrum and sometimes it's hard for skinny people not to slide right out of the the damn desk!!! I'm all good now that the mid 20's have packed  few pounds on me...anywhoo, I like how you can joke about what is an obvious problem for you...keep the sence of humor alive.

Jeremy

Be it in the truest form, or a desperate lack thereof, fail not to understand that the inspiration is love.

*Belabebeautiful*
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-01-03
Posts 696
washington, USA
4 posted 2003-04-27 08:12 PM

Oh cody!!-hugs- I can't say that I empathize to much with you me being right around in the middle but I will give you that desks are stupid!! Give me the floor and a good pillow any day! Nice write babe, way to keep a light heart of it all..(and I feel you on the WASL thing by the way..Bah!!)
~Live and Laugh~

Always strive for excellence never perfection.
~Bella~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Where's My Desk?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary