navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Undress
Teen Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Undress Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Spine Grinder
since 2000-10-28
Posts 1127
Standing In Silence...

0 posted 2002-10-02 08:38 AM

Promise me,
you'll let me know,
how you feel,
so we can grow.

Sweet surrender,
your soft caress,
your gentle kisses,
my heart- undress.

I know its short...o well lol I'm trying to get through my writers block ...so..tell me what u think lol

You can close your eyes to things you dont want to see,but u cant close your heart to things you dont want to feel.

© Copyright 2002 Staci Weidner - All Rights Reserved
Local Parasite
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2001-11-05
Posts 2527
Transylconia, Winnipeg
1 posted 2002-10-02 09:13 AM

Writer's block can be hell, can't it?  Maybe you should go over some of your older poetry and read through it, to try and see what frame of mind you were in when you wrote all of that.  This can sometimes help me.

Another thing that I tell everyone is, for writer's block, don't write about your first idea... specify and specify until it's a very narrow idea, and then write about that exclusively and in great detail.  Don't forget to use a few techniques and symbols, those usually come naturally to us when we don't have writer's block, but we have to nudge them a bit when we do have it.

Good luck.

Parasite

Learn to place poetry before people
Before you place your poetry before the people.
~Andrey Kneller

Spine Grinder
since 2000-10-28
Posts 1127
Standing In Silence...
2 posted 2002-10-02 04:05 PM

yes writers block is hell..i hate it lol, thanks 4 the advice.

You can close your eyes to things you dont want to see,but u cant close your heart to things you dont want to feel.

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
3 posted 2002-10-02 11:19 PM

when I can't write, I wait till it comes, I don't like to force it....it's fustrating as all get out, but I wait I liked this and you should play with it, extend the thought further, if you can.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Undress

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary