navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Need
Teen Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Need Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
StellarChica
since 2002-07-06
Posts 207
floating down a river...

0 posted 2002-09-30 11:33 PM

I feel like crying,
I need you here,
Now.
I need you to spout off lines from songs to me,
I need you to tell me about the stars,
I need you to give me your lamest line,
I need you to make me smile,
I need you to make it through the night.
I need you.
Period.

I've come to the conclusion lately that love is the best thing that can happen to you and at the same time the worst. At least, for me it is..Gah. Thanks for reading.

*~erin~*

© Copyright 2002 Erin Reynolds - All Rights Reserved
Local Parasite
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2001-11-05
Posts 2527
Transylconia, Winnipeg
1 posted 2002-10-01 12:41 PM

Nice conclusion.  I hope it doesn't make you want love any less.

I agree that it's a hell of a ride, but it sure does make life interesting.  Best wishes.

Parasite

Learn to place poetry before people
Before you place your poetry before the people.
~Andrey Kneller

anya
since 2002-07-27
Posts 393
London, UK
2 posted 2002-10-01 03:42 PM

liked this very much, how very true this poem is, well done

Anya

Riley
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2002-07-18
Posts 1038
in the pouring rain
3 posted 2002-10-01 06:06 PM

I agree w/ parasite! hehe!

Ri

~* Love humiliates you, hatered cradles you-White Olender *~

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 posted 2002-10-11 08:00 PM

I liked it. Thought you did well in coming across with what you needed to say.

Love is a good thing, but I don't necessarily think that love is ever a bad thing. I think that the lack of love is what could be considered bad. I also think that if your love has complications, it does not reflect upon love itself being bad, but rather the surrounding circumstances. If some evil individual is standing next to me, it may appear to somebody that does not know me that I am evil as well, but in reality I am quite good.
Love is always good. All in all, the evil lies within the lack of love, or the complications that surround love. Ultimately, it just comes down to seeing that.

Good poem.

This post has been brought to you by the 'Totally Awesome Society of Puerto Rican Egotistical Sexy Men'.

Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
5 posted 2002-10-11 10:28 PM

wow...i miss my ex...
your poem was to the point and there staring at you in your face wether you like it or not. I liked the style it you saw the "need" everytime you repeated the word or used great words to add to the emotion. This was great work.

REgina

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
6 posted 2002-10-11 10:52 PM

I agree with you fully on your opinion about love. *hugs* It's hard, but it's definately worth it in the end. That's what I'm holding on to right now :/ If you need to talk you can go ahead and email me about it, okay?
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Need

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary