navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Sanction Room
Teen Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Sanction Room Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Silent~Inspirations
since 2003-01-25
Posts 13

0 posted 2003-01-25 09:19 PM

*Hey, i'm new hear, I thought this would be a place to start my writting of poetry, maybe I'm wrong.  Who knows.  I don't know how to put this in a form so I will just write it*

Severed in the head kept from my emotion, kept from emotion, kept from you, kept from him, kept from them.  

Isolation in this place, in my room, in my room, in my home, in my city, in my state, in my country, continent, world, universe.  A black whole, excapable through a door which leads to hell.

Hell a paradise to some, even an untopia.  I guess they are loved and sheltered.  I'm homeless outside, nothing is me, nothing is for me.  Only negative sanction that pulls everybody else by the feet.  

A sanction that overlooks me or just didn't except me from birth.  So being drawn to is like a sin, a forbidden fruit that a good girl like me isnt going to eat.

© Copyright 2003 Silent~Inspirations - All Rights Reserved
Android 17
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-07-21
Posts 664
Winnipeg
1 posted 2003-01-25 09:42 PM

Allow me to be the first to give you a 1000 Passions in Poetry welcomes!!! WELCOME!!!

Hehehe---now, about your work...it was interesting, not to my personal tastes---but hey, to each their own! From what I can see, you've got a pretty good start on this writing thing! Just browse around, read other's work...read, learn---encorporate other's styles...work them and let fuse them with your own! The only way to grow, is to get out there and taste the flavours of the world!

Vekrdehk fyc dra uhmo drehk E fyc kuut yd...pid, yd maycd E ymfyoc vuikrd vun fryd E pameajat eh...

Silent~Inspirations
since 2003-01-25
Posts 13

2 posted 2003-01-25 10:00 PM

Darn you read it, i was hoping no one would.
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
3 posted 2003-01-25 10:16 PM

Hello, Silent Inspirations,

Welcome to Passions - You'll find this is a great place to share your writing.  I'm looking forward to reading some of your work.

You can make line breaks simply by hitting the enter key - You'll see what I mean when you check your email for a special note...

Silent~Inspirations
since 2003-01-25
Posts 13

4 posted 2003-01-26 03:02 PM

Hey Nan,

I really appreciated the form you put my poem into.  It was really nice to take the time and make it actually look like a poem.
~Thanx~

*Belabebeautiful*
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-01-03
Posts 696
washington, USA
5 posted 2003-01-27 11:34 PM

Welcome to passions!! For a first piece this was exceptional!! You seem to posses a lot of natural talent. Read the poems here get a feel for the rythims and rhyme schemes of other poets and interpret it into your work, you'll learn fast and be amazing in no time!!

People always ask me why I don't look toward my future I tell them to many interesting things are happening today.
~Bella~

PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
6 posted 2003-01-28 12:37 PM

"Severed in the head
kept from my emotion,
kept from emotion,
kept from you,
kept from him,
kept from them.  

Isolation in this place,
in my room,
in my room,
in my home,
in my city,
in my state,
in my country,
continent,
world,
universe.  
A black whole,
excapable through a door
which leads to hell.

Hell a paradise to some,
even an untopia.  
I guess they are
loved and sheltered.  
I'm homeless outside,
nothing is me,
nothing is for me.  
Only negative sanction that
pulls everybody else
by the feet.  

A sanction
that overlooks me
or
just didn't except me from birth.  
So being drawn to
is like a sin,
a forbidden fruit that
a good girl like me
isnt going to eat."

There's one way you can format it. From there, it just grows and grows, style's abound. Turning prose into poetry can be entertaining, for sure.

Enjoyed reading the piece. Welcome.

~Titus

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
                 --Aldous Huxley

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Sanction Room

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary