navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Daze
Teen Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Daze Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
CwboyAtHeart
since 2001-04-14
Posts 541
Selah, WA, USA

0 posted 2003-01-15 09:38 PM

I kinda started writing this because of my having mono and constantly being tired, kinda bein in a daze and not bein all there...  Then I kinda added to it and made it deeper then that, I guess.  Not really about me, just somethin I wrote.  It's amazing what constant tiredness does, it's like I'm in "Alice In Wonderland" and I'm just waiting for the mad hatter to start singing about my unbirthday...  I have read an entire chapter in my history book over and over again, but today I took a test and remembered nothing.  I read like the entire book of "Count Of Monte Cristo" last week, but I remember nothing about what I read.  lol  Anyway, let me know what you think.

DAZE

Walking through life
Stuck in a daze
Not sure what's
Going on these days

I know where I'm at
But I'm not sure why
Not a lot getting done
When your head's in the sky

Sometimes I wonder
Where I'm going
I just want to be back
But confusion keeps growing

Is this really where
I'm supposed to be?
This life I live
Is it really me?

- Cody -

Note To Self:  If Pigs Can Fly, So Can I!!!

If someboy laughs at me, does that make me funny or just plain stupid?  

© Copyright 2003 C.K.N. - All Rights Reserved
WindSong
since 2002-12-23
Posts 313
Long Island, New York
1 posted 2003-01-15 09:48 PM

I know how mono feels...I had for ten months when I was younger and that turned into Epstein bar and now I'm stuck with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for life! It sucks don't it! Ten months is a lot for a little girl to go through, don't you think? Three weeks is nothing. But hey, you get to sleep A LOT and sleep is goooood! Sometimes I wish I could sleep 24/7 but...Back to the poem. It was great. It actually describes me in a lot of ways. Good job! ~*~Kirah~*~

*Mistakes are made, you pay for them, then you do it again.*
~*~Love doesn't make the world go 'round, it just makes the ride worthwhile~*~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Daze

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary