navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Control(another one about rape
Teen Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Control(another one about rape Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Susie
since 2002-12-19
Posts 36
Illinois

0 posted 2003-01-13 09:03 AM

You gave me only so many drinks,
Making sure that they kicked in.
I didn't think it was possible
for me to get so drunk.
i didn't think it was possible
for anyone to control my life.
But you proved me wrong,
when you forced yourself inside me.
You proved me wrong,
when you got me doing things I wouldn't have if I was sober.
You managed to control my life for three hours
And it still hurts.
But I've got you now!
Three hours? Is that the best four older guys can do?
I knew I was stronger,
Cuz I got you for at least three years!
The consequence to you controlling my life for no more than hours,
Is me controlling your lives for no more than years!

© Copyright 2003 Susie - All Rights Reserved
rimmie
since 2002-08-09
Posts 45
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
1 posted 2003-01-13 11:43 AM

Once again I comend you! I'm not sure if you remeber my reply on your previous peom but I had a painfully similar experiance to yours. I think that  this is a very pewefull peom and gives off a very strong messssge. Hope everything turns out good for  you, and best of luck in the future.

~RuZ~

Chel2082
since 2002-07-23
Posts 40
Baltimore, MD
2 posted 2003-01-13 01:54 PM

After reading this piece I thought it had a powerful message and sad sense of belief.  I dont think I could have written a piece on this subject, I believe you did a great job of expressing your feelings.  Keep up the good work.

Chel

With GOD all things are possible...<3 CHEL

cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........
3 posted 2003-01-14 12:38 PM

Im glad they got what they deserved!

Though I think all rapists, no matter how old or how many or what part in the rape they had, should get life.

Are you scared?                                          BOO! Are you now?

wvplayernotreally
since 2002-11-06
Posts 215
yakima wa
4 posted 2003-01-14 01:10 AM

Good job. nothing I have every experianced nor want too. I am sorry for what happened to you. It is a tragic thing that is plaging out culture today. Thanks for taking such a sensitive subject and sharing it with us.

" I think I got a tan from the light in which i was basking."

Android 17
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-07-21
Posts 664
Winnipeg
5 posted 2003-01-14 02:14 AM

You tend to play beautiful chords on such a touchy subject. Great job. You orchastrate your words into a powerful image.

You know the day's gonna be bad, when you start it off---with Sephiroth at your door, demanding his toaster back...

Susie
since 2002-12-19
Posts 36
Illinois
6 posted 2003-01-14 08:36 AM

hey,it's me~the writer. i was readin my poem over again and i realized a mistake i made~in the last line i wrote that i've got their lives for no more than years but that was supposed to be no LESS than years~sorry! and thanx 4 the replies!
Darkness
since 2002-10-17
Posts 202
The place just beyond my eyes, where my spirit flies.
7 posted 2003-01-14 10:28 AM

Hey there I'm sorry this had to happen to you. All though I don't know how it feels. I do commend you on expressing your feelings about it. That takes a lot of courage and strength to do.

Besides the point it was a great poem

Darkness

OtherSideOfTheMirror
since 2002-12-19
Posts 245

8 posted 2003-01-14 04:37 PM

I don't want to be the bad guy here... but I really don't think you went as far as you could with it. I mean I'm sorry it happened to you and all, and if you're writing to get your anger out, that's fine... but as far as getting to be a better writer, I think you could portray more emotion in it, and use more words and increase the intensity of it. It seems like anyone could write a sad poem about rape and everyone would say "oh how sad..." but you want to stand out because it happened to YOU. Don't let it be like some awareness commercial where a meaningless character preaches about how wrong it is... I think you have all that anger in you and you should do it justice by writing something that will just blow all those dirty rapists back where they belong.  I know you have it in you... so i thought it would be unfair if I didn't comment.

Again I'm sorry about it... and that wasn't a BAD poem, but I think you should write more, and consider it... make it personal.

EleanorMoonbaby
since 2002-09-02
Posts 202
England, UK
9 posted 2003-01-14 06:03 PM

I'm with OtherSideOfTheMirror on this one. It wasn't a bad poem, but maybe you could develop it into an even better one by including your exact thoughts and feelings at the time, now, etc. as opposed to just writing what happened. Exploring the emotional side of rape is hard, but makes extremely powerful poetry.
Ellie

"I'm terribly sorry ma'am,  my karma just ran over your dogma"

ButterflyInReverse
since 2002-12-20
Posts 3

10 posted 2003-01-14 06:54 PM

*sigh* that's my thought...as others have said, i am so deeply sorry that you had to experience this kind of trauma, i do not know first-hand...but i know many times over 2nd hand.  on the other...well...hand (for lack of a better word), ithink there is so much emotion that goes along with this situation, but you did not even touch on it in this poem.  there are points in which you get into it a little, but then it gets pulled right back out and you don't really know what mood you're trying to convey.  the whole ending did not make any sense, when you were basically talking about a sort of "revenge" on the guys that did this to you.  sorry this is all jumbled and doesn't make sense, but i think you can do a lot more with what you've been given...try to give out more emotion rather than fact.  i think there's a lot you can say and i would like to hear it...keep writing.
Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
11 posted 2003-01-14 09:27 PM

i agree with the othersideofthemirror.it could be more personal. there was anger but it coukd be developed.maybe yu could revise it....show us it with more elaboration of your feelings....just a thought
regina

ps-i have went through an experience like this....its very tough..keep your head high

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Control(another one about rape

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary