navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #22 » Say That You Love Me
Open Poetry #22
Post A Reply Post New Topic Say That You Love Me Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Gabriel Frost
since 2002-08-15
Posts 216
Between midnight thoughts

0 posted 2002-08-26 12:20 PM

Though you know that you like me,
Say that you love me,
And in time it will come true.
Passion burns like a fire,
But love's taste is acquired,
Not something you feel, it's something you do.
It ages like fine wine,
With the seasoning of time,
Love matures, firming it's tender root.
For our trust is the soil,
And commitment the toil,
That we need to nurture it's shoot.
Beauty will fade,
Riches wither away,
But love perseveres to the end.
If fate grants the day,
That we're withered and grey,
What virtue shall keep us both then?
For attraction is dulled,
Flames of passion smothered,
Yet still some people hold on.
And when death creeps to their barn,
Cradled in each others arms,
Is where they would choose to be found.
This is the choice of true love,
You decide to live it or not,
Don't wait expecting it to come to you.
Before you  I felt for others,
Sometimes lusted for others,
But I choose to love only you.
Do you remember that time,
When you asked me my price,
I asked only to be with you...
Although you say that you like me,
I know that you love me,
So just say it and let it come true.

A Few Words To The Wise.

Yes the confession of love does unlock doubts, fears and insecurities...this happens because we feel we are no longer in control. Though love may exist without saying, the act of confessing love openly,is an act of sacrifice; in letting the other person know that he or she has your heart, and it is their choice to do with it as they will. Though sacrifice is painful at times it is necessary for two people to become one- bound by that common decision which is love.

Hence a person that loves, does whatever it takes to make a relationship work.

So there's my definition of love hon... i miss you.

(Sorry 2 put ya'll through the whole long thing, but I got so wrapped up i just couldn't edit it)

© Copyright 2002 Gabriel Frost - All Rights Reserved
VAS
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-16
Posts 7450
Oregon
1 posted 2002-08-26 01:26 PM

I think this is just fantastic, Gabriel! It should be in the hands of every minister and marriage counselor, perhaps in every high school class that trains for adult family living. I can think of the exact title of these type classes, at the moment, but I'm sure you know what kind I mean.

May I make a copy and send to the youth minister of our church?

Please e-mail me if so.

Whether on the shoal or on the shore,
I'll seek the lighthouse evermore.

EagleScorpion
since 2000-03-08
Posts 1644
Here, Now, Forever
2 posted 2002-08-26 04:18 PM

well.. we have differing opinions on the nature of love. I believe love is the birth of awareness for something that HAS ALWAYS BEEN THERE. I think with every single human being.. if viewed at the right perspective, has a place in your heart in some way or another. Love is not a shrubbery that needs maintenance. In the truest repsect of the word, that is.
GOlDsparklESS
since 2001-12-13
Posts 428
central nj
3 posted 2002-08-26 05:01 PM

YEAH TRUE ^

anyhow, I appreciate this poem in all its encompassing realizations of love.  

oh ya : "Passion burns like a fire"
  I whole-heartedly agree, passion is life expressed.  

Gabriel Frost
since 2002-08-15
Posts 216
4 posted 2002-08-26 09:16 PM

In response to Vas,
As i told someone once before with questions about this poem,(it seems to have a way of riling ppl up ) usually, when people are getting married, one of the first vows they make is a promise to always love each other.This act would be senseless, if love existed solely as an uncontrollable emotion, which is fickle to say the least - fluctuating at some times; even fleeting at others.Though love may be multifaceted, I will always see love, in it's purest sense as being a decision.( I think you'd agree )

Gabriel Frost
since 2002-08-15
Posts 216
5 posted 2002-08-26 09:29 PM

We really do have varying opinions, i guess.
The thing is, that no two people are identically alike in every single way, thus no matter what happens, one can't be totally pleased with another all the time in everything the person does.I think here is where the toil and nurturing comes into play when it comes to love.Understanding differences usually comes as a result of compromise.As for every human being having a place in one's heart, I think it's true, to a point.As far as loving all unconditionally, it is a great concept, but when it comes to that intimate, soul sharing connection, i don't see every human having the ability to connect like that with every other person.I could be wrong, but that's just my opinion.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #22 » Say That You Love Me

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary