navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #22 » Pristine Reflections
Open Poetry #22
Post A Reply Post New Topic Pristine Reflections Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
D.Lester Young
since 2001-12-08
Posts 1219
Austin, Tx

0 posted 2002-09-08 09:23 PM

(I tried something new and I am not sure if it is going to work. Please excuse grammer mistakes, for I am trying to get the ideas inside me out. I am just another frustrated poet.)

I skipped a stone within the mirrored reflection of the full moon’s magic. In the ripples that sparkled in a million diamonds, the sounds echoed in the eerie silence. To my surprise the breezes rustled the limbs as if just awoken out of a deep sleep. The sounds of nature started screeching in the background, as the coyote serenaded the brilliance of the night.

In deep refection, I climbed a bank overlooking the pristine waters. Twinkling stars created their messages written within light years of recorded travel. There was so much here that had to happen in order to create this scene of serenity in deep contemplation. The power of the forces of nature was so vibrant that the night stirred in the inspired thoughts of how unique everything is.

In a lonely vigil you scan the horizon much like fisherman wives have done for centuries especially on overdue ships. Within the inner reflected blessing of inspired hope. The mind has lost its protective coating, shedding the garbage that has been built to imprison it from years of abuse. Naked and free to fry the evening sky, much like the thinkers of past times, whose visions still haunt us today.

In a celestial trance the words so sweet come to bear, of the innocence of humanity. For in this scene there is no need for war. The peace is internal and no force can be mandated to eradicate it. It is the free thinking of nature’s contribution to prolong life’s pleasures. Sweet innocence, I am just a babe in your arms.

Closing your eyes the visions fester from within a wounded pride. But in this place you have nothing to hide. For the truth is in ever increasing self worth, your batteries are charged back to the dynamo you really are. Recharged from disaster, you can again claim respect, for you will challenge those distracters with their own words of deceit.

Somehow this place seemed blessed for you but looking around you see it is not. For in ever living thing that shared this moment in time, the magic has cast its spell. For as you hear the praise of nature’s voices. You howl into the night sky to claim a part of that pie, releasing years of frustration. The phantom of depression is extruded out, having to seek out another prey.

Standing tall against the night sky the meteor show signaled the awakened spirit now flying free in the universe. You reach down to toss a pebble so high that gravity did not work, as the stars answered in diamond reflections.  

D.Lester Young 9/8/2002
Tuscaloosa, AL
Copyright © D.Lester Young (White Eagle poetry)

© Copyright 2002 David Lester Young - All Rights Reserved
the_loner_23
Member Ascendant
since 2002-06-08
Posts 5479
Jacksonville, Florida, USA
1 posted 2002-09-08 09:25 PM

Wonderfully written

Cold hands means a warm heart

WhiteRose
Member Elite
since 2002-07-23
Posts 3208
somebody's dungeon
2 posted 2002-09-08 09:37 PM

oh you are just another frustrated poet?!?!? May I be so fortunate as to write such beauty in the midst of frustration. Again, lovely words from you.
GOlDsparklESS
since 2001-12-13
Posts 428
central nj
3 posted 2002-09-08 10:00 PM

this is awesome, very eloquent and beautiful.

O' to be delivered from the realm of the rational into pure song...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #22 » Pristine Reflections

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary