navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Revisiting an old challenge
Poetry Challenge!
Post A Reply Post New Topic Revisiting an old challenge Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes

0 posted 2004-01-27 06:45 PM

I would love to take the credit for this challenge, however, I have...uh... "borrowed" it from another member.
Needing to kick my muse in the chest to get it started again (the cold mornings seem to have drained my battery   lol) I looked through the Challenge archives and came up with this one originally posted by our own Poet deVine, and slightly changed by some hack (me).
Go to Open #31 and read poem in the # 12 position from the top. Now, write something inspired by the poem you read there.  Since the order of the poems change constantly, there should be many different poems used.

Cause in my dreams it's always there
The evil face that twists my mind
And brings me to despair.

© Copyright 2004 Bradly Stott - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2004-01-28 09:36 AM

I must have missed this challenge.  I like it.  I think I'll take it on...soon.
Endlessecho
since 2003-09-05
Posts 398
I live within myself
2 posted 2004-01-29 02:16 PM

Ok - I'm going to do this!  I love assignments.  :-)
Endlessecho
since 2003-09-05
Posts 398
I live within myself
3 posted 2004-01-29 02:31 PM

Well isn't that ironic - the #12 on the list was Sunshine's Lost & Sometimes, Found.  I wrote this in response. I could have done more, but I'm just going to put this in, because it was so weird that that was the #12 poem - it hit so extremely close to home.  I loved the poem Sunshine.  I know my response doesn't give it justice - but it is honest.  

It would be easier to mourn you if you were dead.
Easier to accept that you left.
Because,
who chooses death?

And maybe I wouldn’t feel like you didn’t care.
I want to be angry at you for being selfish,
but you’re sick… at least I think you are.
You say you are.  
I want to believe that, but I want to be angry too.

Yet,

I know if you returned, I’d open my arms
and welcome you back.
With no words about the years of hurt.
Because I don’t want to lose..
you again.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2004-02-05 11:21 AM

Hey Echo...?  You need to put this in Open...so we can all have a chance to respond to it accordingly...or if you did, then we need the link, m'friend.

As for your comments to me, I am very grateful to have them.  Even if it hurts...is when we look for the answers.  We don't always find the answer we are looking for, do we?  But we also know, we are not alone.

As for this response to my poem, I am deeply indebted to you for lifting ME!

Thank you!

Endlessecho
since 2003-09-05
Posts 398
I live within myself
5 posted 2004-02-05 01:01 PM

Thank you Sunshine!  

I didn't feel like this poem was good enough to put in Open on it's own, but I'll go put it there.  As for linking it - I don't know how to create a link.  ???  sorry - computer illiteracy kicking in again.  And my job is on a computer - go figure!     Anyway.. I'm going to go put this in Open.  Thanks again.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Revisiting an old challenge

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary