navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Help
Poetry Challenge!
Post A Reply Post New Topic Help Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kellie_Cantrell
since 2002-05-22
Posts 1667
New York

0 posted 2002-08-10 01:32 AM

I want to learn new types of poetry.
All I know is free verse. I would like to expand my talent onto new forms of poetry. Thanks

© Copyright 2002 Kellie M. Cantrell - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2002-08-10 01:49 AM

Why don't you join the workshop?

and I realize it takes awhile to find your way around this place--but here--try going to this sometimes forgotten corner of PiP:

http://netpoets.com/learning/index.htm

Go for it, lady!

Kellie_Cantrell
since 2002-05-22
Posts 1667
New York
2 posted 2002-08-10 01:54 AM

thanks
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
3 posted 2002-08-11 05:45 PM

Your local library has tons of books on styles of poetry.  A fun one to try that is relatively easy is a Haiku, Senryu, or a Tanka, and you can surf the internet to learn the details and the form. I love Haiku as they relate to nature.

Rhyme - oh boy!  I won't go there, as I just do it (incorrectly), but I sure have fun trying

Here is a great site on the internet I refer to when I feel like doing something different, and as a matter of fact, you have inspired me to do just that!

The sonnets:  http://www.english.upenn.edu/~afilreis/88/sonnet.html

Kellie, there is no better way to learn than to READ, if you read a lot you learn by exposure. Above all else, poetry should be fun, and creative - don't stress over it, just write what is in your mind and heart.  Have fun!

I pass this way but once so I hope to meet you.

Sharon

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Help

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary