navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #20 » Adventures of Ian (Something About Mary)
Open Poetry #20
Post A Reply Post New Topic Adventures of Ian (Something About Mary) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA

0 posted 2002-04-24 06:39 AM

Adventures of Ian  (Something About Mary)

Ian could still remember the first time he layed eyes upon her on that cool summer night.
How she caught his eye from way across the room as if she were the only woman in sight.
He remembered how nice she was to him even though he barely knew how to dance.
He thought of how she came through for him when he didn't think he stood a chance.
Thoughts of how beautiful she was under silky moon as he happily held her tight.
Thoughts still fresh in his mind of how nice she smelled when he took her home and kissed her goodnight.
And best of all he had her name and phone number safely on his wall right above his bed so there would be no way he could possibly forget to call.
And now Ian was laying in his bed feeling quite comfortable in his head when his mom walked in carrying some freshly squeezed lemonade that made Ian drool.
In no time at all his mom had noticed the name and number on the wall and as Ian sipped and drooled she said "I didn't know that you knew Mary McKool."
"I dated her dad way back in high school.
I could never forget Tom McKool.  Why he's the man that took your mom to her Senior Prom."
All Ian could manage to say with a smile on his face was "Can you get me some more of that delicious lemonade?  And then me and you mom will have a nice little talk about my latest escapade."

JamesLee
April24

© Copyright 2002 JamesMichael - All Rights Reserved
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
1 posted 2002-04-24 07:08 AM

well Ian seems to be very Kool about this...*s

M

Dark Stranger
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-19
Posts 13631
West Coast
2 posted 2002-04-24 07:09 AM

James, a pleasure to view this
through your eyes...well done

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
3 posted 2002-04-24 08:45 AM

(smiles) Oh James, this sounds like such a wonderful story in the works, looks like the conflict is beginning to get cohesive! (big hugggsssss) I can't wait to see what happens next, sweet friend, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet James, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #20 » Adventures of Ian (Something About Mary)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary