navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Ecclesiastes 1
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic Ecclesiastes 1 Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
aries_luv_ppl
since 2001-09-20
Posts 1448
Universal Mind

0 posted 2004-11-01 12:54 PM

Ecclesiastes 1

Ecc 1:3  What is there to show for all of our hard work here on this earth?

When we are young, we try to score as high as possible in school. When we are adults, we try to work as hard as possible to maintain a job, to get promoted. When we retired, we still seek ways to prove we are still capable of doing something.

Can we prove anything from what we do that who we are?

Who are we?

Am I? Vivian So That's my name.
Am I? student, daughter That's the role I have in society. Yes, what role in society do we have? In another world, what's our responsibility?

Some may answer citizens, other says students, etc. Yet what's the role of citizens of mankind? Which is the occuption I can contribute best toward society?

Maybe we look at the role of students? What's their role in soceity? Study hard, I hear you say. That's all? Get knowledge be ever thirst enough and got enough?

Am I just a daughter to my parents, and I ought to obey them, and serve them as they become old. Of course that's my duty, but am I something more than that?

We work hard, just to come to do our duties. We are busy, for someone else life, for the next generations.

What do we gain from living?

Ecc 1:7  All rivers empty into the sea, but it never spills over; one by one the rivers return to their source.

It is amazing how the sea is never full, and how everything has its endless cycle.

Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter/Spring
Rain/Sunny/Cloudy/Snow/Rain/
Seed/Flowers/Withered/Seed/Flowers

Nebulae/Huge clouds of dust and gas/ protostars/Stars/a Red giant/a Black dwarf, or neutron star, or black hole./Nebulae/Huge clouds of dust and gas/...
Baby/Youth/Adults/Elders/Die/Baby
Dawn/Day/Sunset/Night/Dawn/
What started must end somewhere... then somewhere it will start again...
Many God's creation does prove that life is eternal.
But what if life is merely duties? Endless duties.
Routine works/Get up/Breakfast/Work/Housework/Sleep/Get up?
Think about it.
Ecc 1:8  All of life is far more boring than words could ever say. Our eyes and our ears are never satisfied with what we see and hear.
Ecc 2:10  I got whatever I wanted and did whatever made me happy. But most of all, I enjoyed my work.
Ecc 2:11  Then I thought about everything I had done, including the hard work, and it was simply chasing the wind. Nothing on earth is worth the trouble.
We work and work, to improve the society and life, yet our life is about work/eat/rest/work/eat/rest
When we get $1000, we want $2000, or we perform this within a month, we aim to perform this within a week.
What can a rich man do? He can have everything on earth as pleasure, when we have something too much, we get tired of them.
Human's heart is never satisfied.
We work hard for this paycheck to pay those bills, and yet work for another months to pay another bills.

I honestly confess that my mind is made thinking that duties and responsiblity are what we are here for in life. But heartly, if that is so, why I feel my life is so meaningless! Why do I feel empty?

It is because I haven't understand my purpose of living on earth.

Everything is temporpary. We are aliens to the world.

I sometimes, too, try to prove that I know wisdom, that I am capable, that I am useful.

But we are not measure by work, but by our faith.

We knows we are loved, because God first loves us and provides His grace.

Psa 90:2  You have always been God-- long before the birth of the mountains, even before you created the earth and the world.

1Jo 4:10  Real love isn't our love for God, but his love for us. God sent his Son to be the sacrifice by which our sins are forgiven.
1Jo 4:11  Dear friends, since God loved us this much, we must love each other.
1Jo 4:12  No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is truly in our hearts.

These sound so abstract, at times it might seem, but yet

Pro 10:12  Hatred stirs up trouble; love overlooks the wrongs that others do.

Only love will lead on to love, and God is love. By obeying his commandment and reading His Words.

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the one who is called the Word. The Word was with God and was truly God.

Mar 12:29  Jesus answered, "The most important one says: 'People of Israel, you have only one Lord and God.
Mar 12:30  You must love him with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength.'
Mar 12:31  The second most important commandment says: 'Love others as much as you love yourself.' No other commandment is more important than these."

Eliza Simmons
~Yesterday insult, today gain.

© Copyright 2004 Eliza Simmons - All Rights Reserved
Huan Yi
Member Ascendant
since 2004-10-12
Posts 6688
Waukegan
1 posted 2004-11-01 01:11 AM

I have seen as with a long look
the best a man can make
is to create his own goodness
out of a clear image of himself
the satisfaction in simply being alive
the pleasure of his own eyes

Ecclesiastes
V  (3 : 1)

aries_luv_ppl
since 2001-09-20
Posts 1448
Universal Mind
2 posted 2004-11-02 02:59 AM

but we don't need to make an image, because we are loved no matter what. Careless about what the world think we are.

But Care the Words of God.

God understand our problems in life. Jesus has lived on earth before. He understand.

If you read my replies in the thread "Meaning of Life" you will understand, through the stories of David, and stories of Jonah as I quoted there. We know God is patience. God is just. And God is love.

He isn't willing anyone to perish.

As long as we go back to His Words, we will get recharged.

And everything else on earth seems so light. Cuz we care about treasure in heaven, not pleasure of the world.

Love,
Vivian

Eliza Simmons
~Yesterday insult, today gain.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Ecclesiastes 1

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary