navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #19 » To Ward The Circle
Open Poetry #19
Post A Reply Post New Topic To Ward The Circle Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Pilgrimage
Member Elite
since 2001-12-04
Posts 3945
Texas, USA

0 posted 2002-02-22 05:32 PM

Were-Falcon of the eastern reaches,
listen to my cry,
give me passage through the great marsh.
Children of the opal dawn, hear me,
I ask for passage through the snow fields.

I walk alone-I harm no living creature.
I hunt no game-I kindle no fire.
I leave no sign behind me.

Forsaking ease, I travel to the island fortress.
Weary leagues and frozen mountains lie before me.
I raise empty hands.
I will not harm you. Let me pass.

Give me passage, all creatures of light;
I make my way to the broken towers.
The coins are tossed, the bones are cast,
I must ward the circle.
As all who are called to this duty,
I go weeping;
For I shall not return.

Nan

© Copyright 2002 Nancy Wilcox - All Rights Reserved
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
1 posted 2002-02-22 05:37 PM

(big hugggsssssss) Ooohhhhh...this is a wonderful poem of the search of one-self and pilgrimage, sweet friend, I pray with all my heart you find all you're looking for and your cries will all be answered by His love! (kiss on cheek) My heart goes out to you, sweet friend, we all love you so much, this is sentimentally touching! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Nancy, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

strbbux
Member Elite
since 2001-12-19
Posts 3859

2 posted 2002-02-22 05:46 PM

Wow this is powerful pilgrimage, I could just feel the icy cold and see you walking through, wonderful expression. floria

Floria

"Alas for those that never sing,
But die with all their music in them"
(Oliver Wendell Holmes)

Krissy
since 2002-02-22
Posts 556
kent England
3 posted 2002-02-22 06:38 PM

Hi there Nan it’s Krissy, I’m Marsha’s daughter, she told me you were a good writer and she’s not wrong you are very very good. If mum doesn’t have anything else, and she does, she has an unerring eye for quality.

This is such a powerful poem, your language usage here couldn’t be bettered. This is written I think with a remarkable degree of insight. Well done, very well done

Love and warm stuff
As always
Krissy

And while thy willing soul transpiers
at every pore with instant fires
Andrew Marvell 1621-1678

Silver Streak
Member Elite
since 2002-01-02
Posts 3625
FL, USA
4 posted 2002-02-22 06:50 PM

O Nan! This is a wonderful write. I stand in awe!
((Nan))
-newell

Sharing God's Love through perfectlovepoetry.com

Copyright: 2002 Newell Elsworth Usher

Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
5 posted 2002-02-22 09:40 PM

Nan,
such powerful and raw emotion in this walk through the wilderness for duty's sake.
Keth

Here in the midst of my lonely abyss, a single joy I find...your presence in my mind.  Unknown

ecrivan
Member Elite
since 2001-12-10
Posts 3923
my own state
6 posted 2002-02-22 10:54 PM

as usual, a powerful write..I wondered what creature this might be..until I saw falcon..sensational quality

[This message has been edited by ecrivan (02-22-2002 10:55 PM).]

Pilgrimage
Member Elite
since 2001-12-04
Posts 3945
Texas, USA
7 posted 2002-02-23 12:21 PM

Dear Noah,
Thanks. I always count on you to make me feel good about myself. I think everyone here does-you have a loving heart.

Dear Floria,
I'm glad you felt the scene I was trying to paint, it means I did it right. Thanks.

Dear Krissy,
I'm happy to meet you. Your mum is one of the best writers, and nicest people, that I've met. Not just on the internet, but in my life.

Dear Newell,
Thanks for taking the time to read it and comment. I know it's not my usual, but I was feeling different and wanted to show it.

Dear Kethry,
I wanted to hear what you had to say about it, because I respect your opinion. I'm very glad you liked it.

Dear Martin,
And a tip of the hat to you, too.   

Nan

Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England
8 posted 2002-02-23 10:39 AM

Nan darling girl this is awesome, I mean it, this is an incredible piece of writing. As for Krissy, she’s rather like a whirlwind swooping in and creating havoc but as she said at least she has taste. YOU are indeed too kind to me darling girl, I’m not a writer, however YOU most definitely are.

And this is an absolutely beautiful and perfect example of it

Love and warm stuff
As always
Mushy

To give light to them that sit in darkness..... to guide our feet into the way of peace Luke 2:79

Pilgrimage
Member Elite
since 2001-12-04
Posts 3945
Texas, USA
9 posted 2002-02-23 01:22 PM

Dear Marsha,
Thank you, thank you, (I take a bow and wave graciously at the crowd)-Oh well, we all have odd dreams. This is apparently not over. This morning another one started writing itself, but it's in rhyme. I think I just naturally fall into rhyme, I can't think why.

Nan

marya2
since 2002-02-13
Posts 36

10 posted 2002-02-23 02:41 PM

oh great spirits
this sounds like a chant, I can picture the circle now, poets gathered around and ummmmmm ummmmmmm i got a kick out of this!

marya

GenXer
since 2001-12-15
Posts 583
USA
11 posted 2002-02-23 04:56 PM

Nan - I can feel the struggle and purpose in each step of this pilgrimage.  Very powerful writing.

Dave

Pilgrimage
Member Elite
since 2001-12-04
Posts 3945
Texas, USA
12 posted 2002-02-24 10:52 AM

Dear marya,
Thank you for reading and letting me know you liked it. I really appreciate replies. For some unknown reason I seem to write these things every now and then. I usually do normal poems, but these crop up.

Dear Dave,
I'm so glad you liked it. Why do so many of my poems involve trekking about in harsh country? I don't know. Ah well...

Nan

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #19 » To Ward The Circle

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary