navwin » Sanctuary » Family Dialogue » Ron....I would like your help
Family Dialogue
Post A Reply Post New Topic Ron....I would like your help Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada

0 posted 2007-06-12 09:13 AM

Hi all. It has been a long time.

Ron,

I just received this e-mail in reference to Eternity:

Do you like taking other peoples work and claiming it as your own?

It was from siclyndzee@aol.com

I would never take someone's work and claim it for my own. This poem has been on the site for many years. How do I look into this and how do I know if someone else is claiming my work as thier's? I have no idea how to proceed with this. Could you help me?

Marilyn

© Copyright 2007 Marilyn - All Rights Reserved
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
1 posted 2007-06-12 09:19 AM

I'm sure there are others here who can give you some advice on searching the Internet, Marilyn, but my advice is to take it all with a very large grain of salt. There are ALWAYS people who steal from others. Don't let them steal large portions of your time and peace of mind along with everything else.

It's not as big as deal as it might at first seem.

And, hey . . . nice to see you again.

Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
2 posted 2007-06-12 11:01 AM

Thanks Ron. I have never had this happen to me before. I wasn't sure how to react. I was taken a back when I received this e-mail. Thanks for the reassurance.

Marilyn

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
3 posted 2007-06-14 12:43 PM

using Google take a phrase from the middle of your poem and do a search on that...usually people change the first line to a poem if they want to steal it and hide.

I've found lots of my stuff pilfered over the years and frankly I would spend too much time pursuing the thieves to make it worthwhile.

I make sure I have a copy of what I write (you can copyright it in groups and it's only one payment).  You can search for copyright infringement on the PiP forums and you'll find LOTS of info!

Nice to see you Marilyn!

Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
4 posted 2007-06-23 11:24 AM

Thanks Sharon,

I am not sure it is worth the effort and quite frankly I can't afford to go to the expense. I was just shocked by the e-mail. I think I over reacted and if someone wants to steel my work, I guess it is good....lol. I haven't put anything on the internet since I have posted here. I may do the search one day though.

Thanks for the help.

Marilyn

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Sanctuary » Family Dialogue » Ron....I would like your help

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary