navwin » Sanctuary » Family Dialogue » Doesn't anyone read this forum anymore?
Family Dialogue
Post A Reply Post New Topic Doesn't anyone read this forum anymore? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jeffrey Carter
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-04-08
Posts 2367
State of constant confusion!

0 posted 2004-05-03 07:33 AM

I only found my way here recently and I have seen NOT ONE new post since I posted last...what's up with that? Am I here all by myself? LOL
© Copyright 2004 Jeffrey D. Carter - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2004-05-03 08:59 AM

Yea, it's quiet here isn't it? Sometimes it's nice to just sit here and hear the wind blowing.....through my ears. LOL
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

2 posted 2004-05-03 11:48 AM

Sharon's back??!!??!!
Well...theres something we can talk about...
How did the move go???? Hows the new town youre in??? Give us all the 411.

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
3 posted 2004-05-03 11:49 AM

I just read it...
Nice here isn't it...quiet too.

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
4 posted 2004-05-03 11:50 AM

Yup Sharon's here and hi Jan!!
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

5 posted 2004-05-03 12:21 PM

Hi Nancy.... Hi Jeff...

I didnt know Sharon was back on line till I saw this post by her.

and yep Jeff...its slow in the back forums..
I wonder if half the poets even know about using Todays Topics, or is aware of all the many places to post here...
and of course... many only want to post in Open where all the action is.

Hey Jeff..theres a lot of great poetry in back pages of Sanctuary too.
Sometimes we like to hide back here...lol
Maybe we can get the cobwebs outta here and have a party.

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
6 posted 2004-05-03 01:40 PM

I'm ok. Just got my stuff moved to a storage unit here..the moving van driver was a jerk! So now I'm living with my daughter and son-in-law until I get a job and find my own abode. Sigh.

I think I'm going to be ok but I'm getting nervous! I wanted to spend a month not doing anything (done that) and then get a job. I've had an interview and am waiting for a callback. If I don't hear anything from them by Wed of this week, I'm going out again! The houses here are a bit overpriced! And some of the condos as well...I'm waiting for the winter snowbirds to leave so the prices will drop....should be this week or next. And then of course, hurricane season starts in June (wooheeee I'm REALLY looking forward to that! Truly, I'm a storm freak!)

I've been writing and reading and working on my web page. I get up when I want and go to bed when I want. My stress-related health issues are clearing up finally! I've been in touch with all my old coworkers and everyone there is fine.

I'm around on the 'Net off and on..there is no set time for me...one thing I can't get used to is the time zone. I'm 3 hours ahead of when I lived in Arizona...it's not normal!! LOL

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
7 posted 2004-05-03 02:05 PM

So pleased to see you have arrived and are doing well Sharon.  
You have been missed yanno!
Pleeease tell me I can come and visit
when you have a hurricane on the radar..
I'm a storm freak also!
Take care and keep popping in whenever you can.

Jeffrey Carter
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-04-08
Posts 2367
8 posted 2004-05-03 02:17 PM

I agree, sometimes it is nice, I didn't know you were moving Sharon, and to the east coast woohoo ... I'm on the coast of North Carolina and I too love hurricanes (I'm just a freak I suppose LOL)

Jan, It is so nice to see you, I have been reading a few of the poems just haven't had a chance to reply ... school is going well but the classes can be grueling at times ... never knew there was so much that made computers work LOL

Enchantress, We all need to get together when the next hurricane comes through LOL

Local Parasite
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2001-11-05
Posts 2527
Transylconia, Winnipeg
9 posted 2004-05-03 08:35 PM

Jeffrey,

I think a certan number of us feel drawn to this forum (the Poetic Haven in particular) because of the intimacy level, the senior-members-only atmosphere (which seems to ensure an overall better response to one's poetry), and the lack of any risk of something plummeting beneath page 1.

Plus people periodically check into the Haven and toss around a few replies, so it's good if you don't mind leaving a poem to linger and gather responses over a longer period of time... especially when those responses are almost guaranteed to be more than "Lovely" or "I like it."

Not that there's anything wrong with Open... I just prefer the intimacy of the Sanctuary myself.

As for Family Dialogue... well, it's useful if you don't want to start another Cheese Joke thread...

"God becomes as we are that we may be as he is."  ~William Blake

Skyfyre
since 1999-08-15
Posts 1906
Sitting in Michael's Lap
10 posted 2004-05-04 03:59 AM

Yikes, did Ms DeVine move to Florida?

You mention snowbirds ... so probably not south FL ... what part are you kicking about in?

Michael and I may be forced to move to Pensacola soon for work reasons.  Not the worst place in the world, but I'll miss my mountains.  

EDIT:  Can't spell Michael.

Deb Lynne
since 1999-08-19
Posts 180
Where blue skies meet blue ocean
11 posted 2004-05-04 12:15 PM

Hi Jeff!
Just noticed you are on the east coast of NC.  Me too!
Howdy neighbor!
Deb

Jeffrey Carter
Member Elite
since 2000-04-08
Posts 2367
12 posted 2004-05-04 02:03 PM

LP, I have certainly felt "drawn" since I found my way here.. I dunno, is it just me or does it feel more intimate in here

Hi Linda (hope I spelled thast right LOL ) Give Michael a hug for me.

Hi Deb, We all need to get together for a hurricane party one day LOL

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

13 posted 2004-05-08 01:27 PM

I'm frustrated with the job search too. I'm wanting a summer job, and I put in applications at every store in our mall, and not ONE phone call!!!!

Oh, make me Thine forever
And should I fainting be
Lord, let me never ever
Outlive my love for Thee

Jeffrey Carter
Member Elite
since 2000-04-08
Posts 2367
14 posted 2004-05-08 08:42 PM

Bug the H-E-double hockeysticks out of 'em LoveBug LOL
ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
15 posted 2004-05-13 05:52 PM

I've also been applying all over the place for a summer job...no luck yet :-\ oh well, someone's gotta want me, so I just have to find them :-s
~Liz

"Time has told me not to ask for more, one day our ocean will find its shore" ~Nick Drake

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
16 posted 2004-05-24 08:31 PM

Yes, whenever I park my derriere long enough to post, read AND comment, I inevitably land in the Sanctuary.
  it is intimate without ever being intimidating

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Sanctuary » Family Dialogue » Doesn't anyone read this forum anymore?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary