navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #18 » A Reflection Of My Mother
Open Poetry #18
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Reflection Of My Mother Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
strbbux
Member Elite
since 2001-12-19
Posts 3859

0 posted 2002-02-02 07:17 PM

A Reflection Of My Mother

A reflection of my Mother,that's what I have become.
It took so long to realize, my youth has come
undone.
I have her face and her smile,
The gray hairs spreading too,
Mom, I'm almost ready, to make my debut.
Should God grant me the courage,
That He had given you,
I surely would be grateful,
As I live my life through.
For no one that I've ever known,
Had courage, style and grace.
That you have had through out the years,
As all your trials you faced.
Now you deserve your rest.
If I could be just half of you.
I will have passed the test.

Floria

[This message has been edited by strbbux (02-02-2002 07:18 PM).]

© Copyright 2002 Floria Kelderhouse - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2002-02-02 07:24 PM

I believe any daughter who has listened well to her mother has had these thoughts...I just wish mine were here with me, for I still have questions that I know only she could answer...

strbbux
Member Elite
since 2001-12-19
Posts 3859

2 posted 2002-02-02 07:32 PM

Yes, Sunshine, I understand, Mine is still here but she has alzheimers and she doesn't know me, It is reall sad. Sorry yours isn't with you anymore, it is hard to lose a parent. floria

Floria

"Alas for those that never sing,
But die with all their music in them"
(Oliver Wendell Holmes)

rebekah33
since 2001-12-13
Posts 140
MD/NJ
3 posted 2002-02-02 08:01 PM

We all turn out like our mom eventually (no matter how much we deny when we're young) and by the looks of it your mother is a wonderful person to be, and obviously she continues to live within your heart.  Thank you for sharing!
-R.

"So stop and love and dance and live and laugh until you cry" Edwin McCain

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

4 posted 2002-02-02 08:02 PM

Your poetry moves me, I can't even hold a candle to the kind of person my mother was, I've failed so many times, but your sincerity and kindness of heart is a blessing to read.  Thank you, Floria.

Kathleen--(Kay)
"When red-haired girls scamper like roses over the rain-green grass, and the sun drips honey."
Laurie Lee

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
5 posted 2002-02-02 08:41 PM

(sigh) Ooohhhhhhh...this is soooooooo beautifully touching, sweet friend, you are a very loving person indeed and I know deep down with all my heart your mother will always be proud of you for who you are as you will always resemble her gentleness and loveliness! (kiss on cheek) We all love you so much, sweet friend, this is a wonderfully fantastic write! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Floria, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Silver Streak
Member Elite
since 2002-01-02
Posts 3625
FL, USA
6 posted 2002-02-02 09:39 PM

This is a wonderful tribute, floria. You and your mother are very beautiful gifts from God. And while her physical body is wearing out I know that her spirit is alive, closeby loving and caring for you. Thank you very much for reminding us of God's precious gifts, our mothers. And what an honor it is to be like her. God bless you both.  
-newell

Sharing God's Love through perfectlovepoetry.com

Copyright: 2002 Newell Elsworth Usher

[This message has been edited by Silver Streak (02-02-2002 09:40 PM).]

Madame Chipmunk
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-05
Posts 8296
Michigan
7 posted 2002-02-02 11:47 PM

This is a beautiful tribute to your mother, Floria...I think we all have attributes of our mothers but no one is exactly like theirs.....unless of course, they were cloned.
My mother is 86 years old and still going strong, despite 50 years of chain smoking and eating everything she wanted to.
She never even had a weight problem...except for having trouble gaining.....which makes me so jealous!
But I'm happy that she is still here and is still so healthy, although I do worry about her because she is beginning to become a bit frail....I still think she may outlive me, and maybe even her grandkids!
Great poem, Floria!

copyright2002 Lyra Nesius

"poetry is life distilled"  Gwendolyn Brooks

peaches73533
since 2001-11-04
Posts 981
OK, USA
8 posted 2002-02-03 12:06 PM

Floria,
Waht a wonderful tribute.My mom just bought me a sweathsirt that says"ahhh help me I'm turning into my mother"The things we share are wonderful.
Peaches

Tracey
Member Elite
since 2001-08-29
Posts 2808
where insanity meets breeding
9 posted 2002-02-03 12:09 PM

This one touches me deeply. Every word. I lost my mother a few years ago, and there isn’t a day goes by that I don’t still miss her deeply. Isn’t it amazing how we turn into our mothers? If I can grow to be the person mine was, with her strength, her passion for life… I will be very fortunate indeed.

If she who dies with the most toys wins, then can I have some toy boys please?

N orth Carolina Girl
since 2001-12-04
Posts 962
NC,USA
10 posted 2002-02-03 12:28 PM

Floria,this is exactly the way I feel about my mama.She is the best and I wished I could be half the woman she is.This was wonderful!

Juanita

"always have a smile on your face it makes people wonder what you`re up to:

strbbux
Member Elite
since 2001-12-19
Posts 3859

11 posted 2002-02-03 09:54 AM

rebekah, thank you much for your reply, Yes she is an angel. floria

Thank you Irish Rose, I can't believe you cannot hold a candle to your mother, Your inner self shows in your poetry. You sound like a truly lovely Irish Rose. floria

Thank you kindly Noah, for your sweet reply. floria

Newell thank you so much, My mother has had a horrible life because of my dad, who is gone now, and through it all she remained so close to God..thanks Newell...floria  

Lyra, that is so wonderful that your mom is active at that age and healthy, My mom is 92,,, I wish you and your mother much health and happiness. floria  

Floria

(Oliver Wendell Holmes)

strbbux
Member Elite
since 2001-12-19
Posts 3859

12 posted 2002-02-03 09:56 AM

Peaches, that is most adorable,,,gave me a big   thanks,  floria

Tracey you most likely did turn into here and don't recognize it..Mothers are blessings from God,, as are grandmothers , thank you, floria

Thank you Juanita, and I am sure you are as nice as her. floria

Floria

(Oliver Wendell Holmes)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #18 » A Reflection Of My Mother

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary