navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #18 » Need
Open Poetry #18
Post A Reply Post New Topic Need Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Paula Finn
Member Ascendant
since 2000-06-17
Posts 5546
missouri

0 posted 2002-01-16 10:07 PM

I want to warm myself at your fire,
I want to ride the tide of your passion.
But your fire doesnt burn for me,
And passions tide is at its ebb.
I cant touch the man inside,
And that hurts worse than anything I've ever known.
Its a funny masquerade you play...
...a high wire act,
Balancing my need
Against your...what?
I'm just an island in your ocean...
...a resting place.
I'll never be your destination,
But I cant let you go.
What does that say about me?

© Copyright 2002 Paula Finn - All Rights Reserved
Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
1 posted 2002-01-16 10:10 PM

It says very clearly that you are very much in love...*sigh* my heart hurts for you that the love you feel brings you pain instead of joy...that is a feeling I know well...to love someone but not have them return your love the way you need it returned. **big hugs**

Love I leave with you whether it is in your life now or yet the essense of your dreams.

[This message has been edited by Startime (01-16-2002 10:11 PM).]

Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
2 posted 2002-01-16 10:19 PM

it's hard to let go. . .

this is full of that longing and the feelings that we get when letting go is the hardest thing to do. . .

---------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

Keith Morgan
since 2001-10-29
Posts 114
Md
3 posted 2002-01-16 10:23 PM

Very heartfelt and touching.  It definitely says that you are a woman of patience.  Not a bad quality to have.  Nicely written poem.  Thanks for sharing.

Write from the soul and the words will flow

Morcastlin
since 2002-01-14
Posts 244
The Jersey Shore, USA
4 posted 2002-01-16 10:23 PM

This is so sad and full of love! He shouldn't take you for granted. You should be the destination!!!! Take heart, there are always wonderful surprises in store for tomorrow! This was a fabulous poem!
Silver Streak
Member Elite
since 2002-01-02
Posts 3625
FL, USA
5 posted 2002-01-16 10:26 PM

Paula, thanks for sharing this sad, though beautiful poem. It should remind all of us that we need to return the love we receive for it to be complete. And not take it for granted.
-Silver Streak

Sharing God's Love through perfectlovepoetry.com

Copyright: 2002 Newell Elsworth Usher

Jamie
Member Elite
since 2000-06-26
Posts 3168
Blue Heaven
6 posted 2002-01-16 10:34 PM

Heartbreaking in its message-- the emotions come thru along with it--

been sometime since i have read any of your poems -- too long-- enjoyed this one.
take care
J

There is society where none intrudes, by the deep sea, and music in its roar.
byron

Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England
7 posted 2002-01-16 10:42 PM

Paula darling sister of my soul, this is without doubt one of your utter best. And now you’ve made me cry. What is this a conspiracy? I know your tricks darling girl you think I’ll be less attractive with red rimmed eyes? Hhhmm! Well unlucky darling girl my eyes look like a field of bluebells that have been washed by the summer rain They don’t but I’m surely allowed some poetic licence. Good!

You know that this is utterly wonderful don’t you, the flow is just perfect

All joking aside I hope beloved sister of my heart that this isn’t actually reality here? The last time I spoke to you I know you were as happy as can be, so I really do hope not.

Love you lil sister mine YOU truly have written an utterly utterly wonderful poem here
Absolutely Fabulous

Love and warm stuff
As always
Mushy

To give light to them that sit in darkness..... to guide our feet into the way of peace St John ch2 v1

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
8 posted 2002-01-16 11:59 PM

Well, though the theme is of a sad aching broken heart, it is so well written I really enjoyed reading.  What does that say about me, that I enjoy pain?  The heart bleeds through in this one, Paula. Not being the 'destination' of the one you love can be devastating.
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
9 posted 2002-01-17 08:34 AM

(tears fall down my cheeks) Oh Paula, this is so very sad, my heart cries out to you, for I believe many of us truly do feel this way! (sad sigh) I pray with all my heart that he can hear your heart cry and forgive you and touch your heart where you've dreamed of love touching you and shower you with happiness! (kiss on cheek) We all love you so much, sweet friend, all our hearts go out to you and hope these tears of sorrow will tuen to tears of joy soon, I know they can! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Paula, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

10 posted 2002-01-17 10:56 AM

Paula, good to read you again.
This left me with many emotions,
probably because it IS hard to let go.
Hey, where's that little devil?

Kathleen--(Kay)
A true friend does not love you for who you are, but in spite of who you are." -- Caroline Tran

Canuckster
since 2002-01-09
Posts 285
New Mexico, USA
11 posted 2002-01-17 10:58 AM

There's a fine line between love and codependence.  This poem illustrates that and very succinctly expresses a myriad of emotions.

An effective and provocative poem.

peaches73533
since 2001-11-04
Posts 981
OK, USA
12 posted 2002-01-17 11:11 AM

Your words speak volumes of the love and heartache you have.I hope it eases for you soon.You have expressed it very well.
Peaches

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #18 » Need

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary