navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #17 » vacuum
Open Poetry #17
Post A Reply Post New Topic vacuum Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
wornways
since 2001-10-18
Posts 204
CA, USA

0 posted 2001-11-20 06:37 PM

vacuum

what i would give
just not to care
least of thought
what you think

what i would give
not to wonder
least of thought
what you think

what i would give
to ponder none
least of thought
what you think

what i would give
not to fathom
least of thought
what you think

what i would give
to just not dare
least of thought
what you think

what i would give
not to venture
least of thought
what you think

what i would give
to bother not
least of thought
what you think

what i would give
aloof to spare
least of thought
what you think

what i would give
for stance inert
least of thought
no concern

[This message has been edited by wornways (edited 11-20-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Erin A. Thomas - All Rights Reserved
Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
1 posted 2001-11-22 02:15 PM

and what you give would be???

I'm wondering about the person that you're talking to here. . . do you not care about what they think, or is it that you don't want to care what they think?  

well done. . .

------------------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
2 posted 2001-11-22 02:22 PM

well, whether you care or not..... what i think is that this is a very pensive piece which is well constructed...

it made me think about how sometimes we all have a tendency to put too much weight into what other people think... when really, we cannot please everyone and the best we can be is the best persons we can be.... true to ourselves...

it also made me think about the title... "vacuum".... nothing happens in a vacuum..... it's a great title for this because how we relate to each other is very important.... everything we do can effect someone else...

so there are levels to this which a quality in poetry i love.....

that's what i think, anyway...

(i think... hehe *wink*)

The Lonely Stranger
since 1999-06-18
Posts 361
Upstate, NY, USA
3 posted 2001-11-22 07:49 PM

I got that too Doreen. That the writer wanted to not worry about how the subject felt about him.

No one ever listened themselves into trouble.

[This message has been edited by The Lonely Stranger (edited 11-22-2001).]

wornways
since 2001-10-18
Posts 204
CA, USA
4 posted 2001-11-24 12:48 PM

thanks for you thoughts folks. i've enjoyed them.

sven:

believe it or not, i'm talking to 'everyone' who reads my tripe.   and no, it's not that i don't care, it's that i would like not to care -- to be completely unaffected by another's, or a group of people's complete lack of interest in my tripe.

doreen peri:

i hope you are moved to comment on my writing often, i greatly enjoy your thought process and your sharing of it. i do attemnpt to always be true to myself... it's a daily process... one day at a time... indubitably. i love that you see the idea behind the title. moreover, i love that you have drawn my attention to more of its meaning. so often i write what i feel and think, but do not fully understand it until i see some feedback. seeing what others think is like breaking the code to understanding my own mind and heart. this is another reason i hope you, particularly, will comment with some frequency on my tripe.

the lonely stranger:

yep, you see it as i wrote it then.
cheerfulness all,

doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
5 posted 2001-11-29 06:32 PM

I just now saw your comment back to me... thank you! yes, i feel the same way about my work. Sometimes the muse is a mysterious thing and it's very strange but sometimes I've even written about events that haven't happened yet. I know that sounds spooky but images just come to me and sounds of words and i write them  down. There's been several times that i've written something and a few years later, re-read it and realized i wrote it prior to some reference or event... To be honest, it sorta freaks me out... LOL!!

i've wanted to find or create a poetry forum where the responses were the reader's take on what the poem meant to them... how it moved them in some way... what they thought it was saying. It's amazing how when i receive such detailed responses, i find levels in my work which i didn't know were there and i find out more about myself, just as you said.

yes yes yes... i will read and respond to your work... of course!! i'm glad you appreciate my comments. Truly. Thank you!!  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #17 » vacuum

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary