navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #16 » all the same
Open Poetry #16
Post A Reply Post New Topic all the same Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

0 posted 2001-09-21 10:34 PM

and oh you said,
"but nothing's changed"
and of course,
I disagreed.

"Everything is gone,"
I said.
but I forgot
the things unsaid.

And even now,
it's all good time...
even now
as I drink wine
of ripened thought
of yesterday--
I hear your words--

"It's all the same."

© Copyright 2001 serenity blaze - All Rights Reserved
Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
1 posted 2001-09-21 10:37 PM

Serenity,
I've heard those words before, good write.

Topheth
since 2001-09-08
Posts 297
Texas
2 posted 2001-09-21 10:37 PM

I'm grinning, I am.  It a shaken, glass snow-ball whose details remain hidden to me.  I'm impressed.

Masked Intruder
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 Tours
since 1999-05-23
Posts 1231
Near golden sunsets
3 posted 2001-09-22 03:26 AM

Did I ever mention to you that I love jumping into the middle of a conversation, coming into the middle of an act or a scene that I have no good idea of what happened in the first half?  That's the feel I get when I read your first line "and oh you said".  I just love a piece that starts with a conjuction.  It lends a great deal of reader interpretation to a poem.  

A quick note on the tempo of the poem.  You intend it to be read semi-briskly?  I hope so, cuz that's how my eyes want to take it in.  Damn those many interpretation levels!

So, I'm walking in on the middle of an argument?  Eaves-dropping outside, say, a kitchen window?  That's where I'm at right now.  So far, I'm taking this as the near end of an argument.  "but nothing's changed and of course, i disagreed"  The interpretation lays heavier on the person most affected by the events.  Of course, if you aren't affected by an event, then nothing changes to you.  But the person affected by the same event is going to call you on that, because something HAS changed for them.  Good, strong lines, very truthful.  Empathetic and sympathetic feelings derived from them.

Is it your nature to disagree just out of the sake of disagreeing, or is it the other person's nature to remain 'unchanged' by events?  (Just asking, I have an idea.)  Or could it be perhaps that, case study aside, the only constant is change, so it's unfathomable to NOT disagree with the statement, "but nothing's changed"?

"Everything is gone, I said. but I forgot the things unsaid."  I'm having a few problems with this statement.  Not, like thematic problems, but more like confusion problems.  Are the things unsaid not gone?  They're still here, though unsaid?  That makes a wonderful dillema, but I like the application of the thought, whether you intended that or not.  So, "everything is gone" is the change that you use as an example to refute the statement "nothing's changed"?  I think that's right.  But then you forget about the things unsaid, which aren't gone?  

What a quandary I've proposed you proposed?!

And the rest is a rap up with some interesting allusions, neh?  

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep. -- Navajo Proverb

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

4 posted 2001-09-22 05:53 AM

Okay...sigh...motherfatherlandluckysigh:

My Philip, yes, I have noticed that you like a conversation that begins with a conjunction....AND...I also notice that it's the first time I noticed.

Okay...the tempo is meant, as I'm sure ya know...I like the rhythm of words falling into native drums and rattling leaves after twilight...

And on to the next? EVERYTHING is a potential argument.

As to the question of everything and all of my motives behind everything? methinks you overestimate me...but, if you insist? let's talk...we'll overestimate my hourly fee!

"Everything is gone," I said. But I forgot the things unsaid.

This one is not so hard. Everything being gone? Just simple the details of every thing unthought. And of course there's an argument. But I'm not really trying to plead a case. But I really must take this opportunity to plea that these things that sing silence--remain forever unappeased...unless, determined YOU beat gong.

We will talk more my friend. You DO know I love you, doncha? I KNOW I DO!!!

Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
5 posted 2001-09-22 07:31 AM

serenity,
nice interlude.
Keth

Here in the midst of my lonely abyss, a single joy I find...your presence in my mind.  Unknown

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

6 posted 2001-09-22 08:11 AM

Everything is gone,"
I said.
but I forgot
the things unsaid.
============================

that verse just went thru me...
and didnt need no drums and rattling leaves to do it *wink*...
your rhymes are always enough...
If you could bottle it??? you KNOW ...
Vials baby...send Vials  

Well tomorrow holds only mystery
And who's to say what might be
But in you I found a love so strong
The sun and the moon looked on in jealousy

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

7 posted 2001-09-26 01:53 PM

I agree with Kethry, nice interlude indeed.

Kathleen
nickname "Kay"

"Others can stop you temporarily, but only you can do it permanently."

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #16 » all the same

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary