navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #16 » A Desperate Thought or Two (bear with me...please)
Open Poetry #16
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Desperate Thought or Two (bear with me...please) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL

0 posted 2001-10-13 10:27 PM

Sadness
an easy theme in poetry
Love
a cliche born of hope
Tears
another liquid pressure on paper
Laughter
an infectious half hearted thing today
There is a ramble just beneath my worries
and I should be typing this under another name.
This
slow
ramble of sadnss that has crept into my night
ohh, my beautiful rain filled night!
Not even you, can save me from this.
How weak am I for love?
How many more tears can I write about
before this ache stings with death?
Sadness
the grip on my soul and spirit
Love
the devotion he gives me "for now"
Tears
I
am
choking and stumbling around them
Laughter
I find in cherishable things and cling to
Promise
to love myself when no one does
Failure
I am haunted, tossed, slain, blinded
and aching for someone who wants to understand
for more reason than infatuation.

Sometimes the heart needs the solace of solitude and silence.

© Copyright 2001 Jennifer - All Rights Reserved
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
1 posted 2001-10-13 10:39 PM

I will write your name in the sky tonight, and send you a moonbeam with a warm hug, and a sigh of understanding.  
Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
2 posted 2001-10-13 10:41 PM

I think that all of us have felt this way from time to time. It seems to mostly be when we realize we are truly alone in life and it is up to us to feel joy in what we have and who we are. My heart goes out to you. I know exactly what you mean, dear one, for I too have felt these kind of desperate thoughts. You have said it very well.

Love I leave with you whether it is in your life now or yet the essense of your dreams.

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
3 posted 2001-10-13 10:44 PM

Sometimes it just feels good to express these thoughts to another....and we are all listening to, and feeling your pain.  Hope things are better soon.  ~Hugs, Nancy~

~I've loved you forever, in lifetimes before.~

Tracey
Member Elite
since 2001-08-29
Posts 2808
where insanity meets breeding
4 posted 2001-10-13 10:49 PM

I feel the ache in this piece. I've been there, I think some part of me has always lived there. Beautiful, touching piece of writing....as you always do.

If she who dies with the most toys wins, then can I have some toy boys please?

The Lady of Shallot
since 2001-10-03
Posts 818
USA
5 posted 2001-10-13 11:17 PM

Oh lady, I FEEL your pain. I know - another cliche, but I DO!

-befriend yourself and you will never be alone-

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
6 posted 2001-10-13 11:24 PM

Jenn, this wonderful write speaks so many that get lost in the now and why.  Once one starts looking for external things for self-gratification, they are done in for sure!  This is something everyone knows but the hard part is getting inside of oneself and learning to love themself.  Happiness is a state of being, and not acquired by anything from the outside (but a good big hug is icing on the cake though), so I send all of those who feel this way a huge hug.

[This message has been edited by Mysteria (edited 10-13-2001).]

Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
7 posted 2001-10-14 12:46 PM

quote:
I am haunted, tossed, slain, blinded
for more reason than infatuation.

aren't we all??

but, it begins with you. . . you have to find yourself first. . .and when you do. . .they'll be there. . . to welcome you. . .

a heartfelt and touching write. . .

-------------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

Logan
since 2001-05-28
Posts 1641
Arkansas
8 posted 2001-10-14 02:10 AM

Ahh, gentle one, maybe blinded is the right word, for there are many that accept you for yourself, not for what they wish you to be for them...very gentle smile
Auguste
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 3953
By the sea
9 posted 2001-10-14 03:44 AM

"I am haunted, tossed, slain, blinded
for more reason than infatuation"

I think you ended this perfectly and in a most honest way.  I think we all feel this and hope to know such a person.  Perhaps you already do, my friend, and have yet to realize it.  Nice work, Jennifer.

Michael  

Michael Auguste~
There is more depth to the heart than the mind can comprehend and it only has boundaries when we choose to fence it in.  

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
10 posted 2001-10-14 08:06 AM

"to understand for more reason than infatuation..."

You're so right - The difficulty becomes recognizing infatuation - It comes in a disguise that disables logic... Well said, Jenn...

RSWells
Member Elite
since 2001-06-17
Posts 2533

11 posted 2001-10-14 11:27 AM

Love is abandonment of reason, hope a nagging burn in the belly and infatuation's stirrings are further south. We need knowledge of the differences while hanging on to pieces of all. You'll be OK, you are OK.
SmittenKitten
since 2001-06-20
Posts 1131
where the sky and horizon meet
12 posted 2001-10-14 11:36 AM

Jennifer~ You've expressed your pain beautifully dear poetess...here comes some hugs from my heart
~Krista

Your beautiful words & creativity allow me to connect with the same in myself.  
Thank you for having the courage to share yourself so that I can too

sunshinemist
since 2001-09-29
Posts 595
Fl. sunshines early mist
13 posted 2001-10-14 11:41 AM

Temptress- your expressions of inner self is the first step in strength. Keep writing, you are moving into the right direction. You are a lovely person, keep the faith!  
        ~~hugs~~

smiles ~Marie~

Keep the Faith

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

14 posted 2001-10-15 08:50 AM

do you promise failure? Perhaps I am all wet... ( it is raining here after all) ..but it seems the poem is woen around the statements ending in I promise failure...

it would also seem that you are torn in your caring and love.... but then perhaps I read too much into your words...and weave a story out of them that is not there....

as usual...a captivating write...and your talent shines...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #16 » A Desperate Thought or Two (bear with me...please)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary