navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » Twenty or Less...#17
Open Poetry #15
Post A Reply Post New Topic Twenty or Less...#17 Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
MARK V SHELDON
Member Elite
since 2001-06-21
Posts 3015
In a corporeal internship...

0 posted 2001-07-21 06:38 PM

You desire

Attention

But inside
There is
Fear

You breathe
But you don't

Feel

How sweet
Your life

Is

(Copyright 2001 by: MARK V SHELDON)

"When you tell the Truth, you never have to remember what you just said."
--Del Casher

© Copyright 2001 Mark V Sheldon - All Rights Reserved
Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
1 posted 2001-07-21 06:47 PM

*sigh* to desire that which one will never have because we fear makes us look at our lives as less than they truly are. mmmmm very interesting way you have me thinging. Thank you.  

Love I leave with you my friend whether it be in your life or of yet the essense of your dreams.
http://www.voy.com/7622/
http://www.powerpoems.com

MARK V SHELDON
Member Elite
since 2001-06-21
Posts 3015
2 posted 2001-07-21 07:00 PM

Glad to hear that a "simple arrangement of letters" is encouraging you to think in interesting ways, Karen.  First thought, then decision, then action:  fight fear!  Thanks for the read and reply.

-MVS

--Del Casher

rwood
Member Elite
since 2000-02-29
Posts 3793
Tennessee
3 posted 2001-07-21 07:41 PM

Wow! Sort of like the walking dead! You know the ones that float thru life never really experiencing it. Like having a day off from work and sitting at home complaining how much you hate your job Ha! I like this very much. Exhaling even should be a passionate emotion! Sorry, I can have fun in a paper bag! Hey thanks for the comments. I sincerely appreciate your insight and kind words.
Sincerely,
Regina

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
4 posted 2001-07-21 09:10 PM

Maybe it is easier to hold back, in some ways, but to never experience the joy..not worth it, I have to keep taking chances  
Good one, Mark
Sandra

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

5 posted 2001-07-21 11:48 PM

You breathe
But you don't

Feel
====================

or there is the alternative...
when one feels too much...and is always breathless...
Im rambling...its been a long day  
your succinct poem got me pondering just how sweet it is...or isnt ...
well done poet sir...been reading some of your series here tonite, trying to get caught up..(yeah right caught up in this forum) *L*
anyway...Im rambling again lol..
your series of breivity is creative and  clever.
I like seeing a poet trying new things.
take care
jm

only you could give love that satisfies the soul...
see the darkness of my heart and still won't let me go.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
6 posted 2001-07-22 07:22 AM

Yes...to take note of what it is we already have...

but you, Sir, put it much better!  I am SO enjoying these!

MARK V SHELDON
Member Elite
since 2001-06-21
Posts 3015
7 posted 2001-07-22 11:33 AM

Regina -- no need to apologize -- I think it's truly GREAT when one can make the most with the least...  reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw on a professor's file cabinet:  "I've been doing so much with so little for so long that now I can do anything with nothing."  I LOVE that one!  "Walking dead"...  that's a scary thought -- not "Night of the Living Dead"-scary, but flashing back to so many people out there who are as you describe...  if only their fires could be ignited to get them to realize that there's SO MUCH MORE to life than an office, a boss, an image/judgement in somebody else's eyes...  Thanks for the read.

...and I'm glad you do, Sandra, for then you have realized one of Life's important "secrets" -- risks are meant to be taken (intelligently and heart-felt, of course) in order to truly experience and understand the concept of life.

Thank you for the visit, JM.  I'm honored and pleased to have you pondering over some of my words, for that to me is at least as important as having a reader simply feel them...  This series of poems is a learning experience unfolding in so many different ways...  

Glad you're enjoying these as much as I am, Sunshine.  Thanks for the reads and replys.

-MVS

--Del Casher

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » Twenty or Less...#17

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary