navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » A Challenge From Freedom
Open Poetry #15
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Challenge From Freedom Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA

0 posted 2001-09-17 06:49 PM

A Challenge From Freedom

We do not know exactly why this form of death and destruction has fallen upon our skies.
Why innocent lives have been lost as this wounded nation takes this time to mourn and cry.
One may argue that our actions or inactions from our past have brought us to this place of pain and lost grace.
I say freedom must meet this new challenge if all who desire to retain liberty wish to remain within God's grace.
Those who have possessed and now possess the will to fight for this freedom know the price to pay.
Many have done so in the past and many more will be called upon by freedom to illuminate the way.
Some may say this is not a good time to be in the military and to those I say it was not a good time to be in the World Trade Center or the Pentagon or in a commercial airline flying over America the land of the free.
The truth is someone in this world hates us and could care less how much we mourn and cry.
As a nation we need to find them and introduce them to the meaning of justice and hopefully we will take action before more innocent American's die.

Jameslee
September17,2001

© Copyright 2001 JamesMichael - All Rights Reserved
Voiceless
since 2001-02-19
Posts 686
Under the stars upon the wind
1 posted 2001-09-17 08:53 PM

I like the way you expressed your
point of view
and in many ways I agree with
you but still over all i think i may
be indecided..

Freedom is not Free (Korean War memorial)

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

2 posted 2001-09-17 09:29 PM

Great exression James. Freedom is not free. We had to fight to get it and we will always have to fight, in one way or another, to keep it. It's an awesome resposibility. In light of last week, I think all of the civilized world knows how very important it is that we never fail.
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
3 posted 2001-09-18 04:28 AM

Thank you Voiceless and Denise for reading and responding to this poem...James
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
4 posted 2001-09-18 06:03 AM

Very powerfully written James, well done.

Best wishes,
/Kit

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
5 posted 2001-10-03 04:27 PM

Thank you Kit I appreciate your response...James
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » A Challenge From Freedom

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary