navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » Do you think of me?
Open Poetry #15
Post A Reply Post New Topic Do you think of me? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
rascalx
since 1999-08-25
Posts 590
Florence, SC, USA

0 posted 2001-07-14 02:30 AM

Now that it's over
I guess it's for the best
Lord knows we put
this love to the test
I'm sure that if we were together
the arguments would start
but it's hard to tell that truth
when you have a broken heart

Do you ever think of me?
When you're alone with your heart
Do you think of me?

We thought this would last
because we started as friends
maybe that is the reason
we came to an end
They say lovers are better
no commitments to be had
but if that is the story
then why do I hurt so bad?

It's funny
because if you were here today
I swear
I'd tell you to go away
So many times you have made me cry
Why the hell do I want you to stay?

Do you ever think of me?
When you're alone with your heart
Do you think of me?

© Copyright 2001 Jeff Osborne - All Rights Reserved
VAS
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-16
Posts 7450
Oregon
1 posted 2001-07-14 02:33 AM

I can relate to this very much. Well done!
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
2 posted 2001-07-14 03:12 AM

Rascalx~
Very sincerely said.

Might not help, but I can almost bet she does !
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
                                 noles1@totcon.com              

cpalmer
since 2001-06-26
Posts 977
Phoenix, Az
3 posted 2001-07-14 08:20 AM

Very nice! I'm with marge...I bet she does
Cindi

God is our inspiration; Words of the heart can be music to our ears
Cpalmer

Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
4 posted 2001-07-14 11:16 AM

for some reason, I would say that the answer is "yes". . . but yet. . . does it really matter??

you know that I liked this one Jeff. . . speaks to a lot of things. . . and a lot of people. . .you write the feelings here well. . .

----------------------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
5 posted 2001-07-14 04:15 PM

I'll tell you I've been thru this...we all want our big opportunity to love and when we get it we blow it...we need to keep trying til we get it right...if not with this one with the next one...and we do keep trying until one can stand it no more and bails out...James
MARK V SHELDON
Member Elite
since 2001-06-21
Posts 3015
In a corporeal internship...
6 posted 2001-07-14 04:23 PM

Another one of life's wonderful paradoxes...  and another wonderful universal question we all wonder at different points in our lives, "Do you think of me?"...  Stands to reason that if we think of them, they think of us...  at least, that's what I'll choose to believe...  A genuine write and a stirring read, Jeff.

-MVS

"If you think you know it all, you have a lot to learn."

"Everyone can hear;  few can listen."

pure_innocence
since 2001-07-14
Posts 80
Colorado, US
7 posted 2001-07-14 04:29 PM

My God but I can relate to that one!!!!!!!! Beautiful poem, and I too agree with the rest, I believe she is thinking of you as well.  I also believe it make her heart smile to know that even after bad times you are thinking of her.
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
8 posted 2001-07-14 05:07 PM

been there, done that...
too many times

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
9 posted 2001-07-14 05:10 PM

What an excellent write of a permanent thing that happens in so many relationships.  This was extremely well done. Enjoyed.

~If you have a choice to sit down or dance, I hope that you dance~

rascalx
since 1999-08-25
Posts 590
Florence, SC, USA
10 posted 2001-07-14 08:05 PM

Wow! What can I say? I didn't expect such an outpouring of support and understanding when I wrote my "sad little poem" lol. Thank you all - I'ts very flattering and heartening to know that so many of you can relate to what I'm saying here.

VAS, Marge, Cindi, Mark, innocence, shadows,
     I hope that y'all are right and that she does still think of me...although I can't help but wonder.. Am I being selfish by still longing for her attentions long after the relationship is over?

Sven,
     hmmm... you bring up an interesting point, my friend. I'd have to say that given the fact that she has moved on with her life..ultimately, it doesn't matter. But part of the problem I am having with this is that I just can't "shake" her. It's not that I want to forget her..it's just that she had (and still has) such a profound impact on my life and my heart that I can't seem to get past it. Is that a sign of weakness on my part or is that an indication of a love for someone that "will never die" (to use the melodramatic cliched term lol)

James,
    hmm.. but how long can one be expected to keep trying when each time that he or she tries they leave a part of their heart with that person? (again..melodramatic..but it makes the point) And as for bailing out... I can't.. giving up on love is anathema to me.

Mysteria,
     You have touched on one of the things that troubles me most about feeling this way... the permanence of it...the irrefutability of it. Thanks  

- Jeff

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » Do you think of me?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary