navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » Virtual Heartache
Open Poetry #15
Post A Reply Post New Topic Virtual Heartache Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada

0 posted 2001-08-08 07:07 PM

~* Virtual Heartache *~

Sitting here composing this angry poem,
was the last thing I thought I'd ever do,
but disgust and a heavy heart have dictated;
it's something for her, I feel compelled to do.

A smooth talker hurt a friend of mine,
I could see the whole thing coming to pass.
Cupid’s arrow hit her in the heart not the head,
Now the whole experience is a right pain in the a**!

He has a girl in very port; it’s easy enough to do…
He writes love poetry to reel the ladies in.
On the Internet you can be whomever you want,
Hearts get broken every day; it’s really a sin.

While he donned his sincere trappings of honor,
and he wore his habit, the digs of wealth,
he impressed his amazing title upon her,
seducing her in style and silent stealth.

He penned her poems I knew were generic.
Just flypaper to snag a loving and lonely heart.
Such class he oozed in his panegyrics;
and his comment box became his shopping cart!

He constantly flaunted position and money,
and promised to answer a lonely woman’s prayer.
A little brie, chilled wine and honey,
the standard bate for this seasoned lady slayer.

In a language meant to simply confuse,
He told lies from such a twisted lip,
I knew if she answered his love call she'd lose,
For his was but a well worn out script.

So pen on with your manicured hand,
in your mediocre "virtual" pursuit,
your appearance and style become bland,
your heart and soul are black to the root.

Be careful in your muse what you wish for,
someday all your dreams may come true,
‘what goes around, eventually comes around”,
and rue you shall, as this might well happen to you!

So ladies be careful of those beckoning words,
The ones that have you begging for more.
Check them out carefully before you get involved,
Usually, you get way more than you bargained for!

~* For BM With Love *~
Just remember, what goes around comes around!

art: Stephen Hanks "Contemplation"
World Wide Art

~ To see real beauty you must look with your heart ~
           ~* Mysteria *~

© Copyright 2001 Mysteria 1997 - All Rights Reserved
Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

1 posted 2001-08-08 07:15 PM

Sharon, I'm sorry this happened to anyone!
Yes, our words are very powerful and they should be told with the utmost sincerity and care. Unfortunately, there are both men AND women guilty of what you have written of here. I pray she is ok.

" I walked beside the evening sea And dreamed a dream that could not be" George William Curtis"

Kay

Dee
Member Elite
since 2000-08-19
Posts 2330
Queensland, Australia
2 posted 2001-08-08 08:07 PM

A heart wrenching story, Mysteria. And one that is told far too often. I don't blame you for your anger.

Dee

I wish you every happiness and may you always have the best of the good things in life.     a brand

maeve
since 2001-08-01
Posts 139
In the Outback
3 posted 2001-08-08 08:21 PM

Mysteria, this is a story that should be told. I know the pain of this and I know what I would like to do to people who prey on the lonely.

Maeve

Take me home to Erin's shores,
to where my heart roams free.

Flutterwings
since 2001-07-10
Posts 288
Maine
4 posted 2001-08-08 08:23 PM

Sharon, I hear a lot of anger and dissapointment in this vivid poetic expression. I sure hope this is not someone I know. It would anger me too.... if it would happen to a friend of mine. GReat write! I hope he gets the message. Love and peace Maggie ((~.~))

doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
5 posted 2001-08-08 08:30 PM

you're kidding?!?!?!?!!!! people really do this?? i'm appalled.....

geesh, that means the internet is just like real life.... good grief, and i thought it was some kind of fantasy world i was living in, totally removed from reality.... hehe... i feel disillusioned... *sigh*  

no, but seriously, really, i'm sure this type of thing goes on all the time... the scum!!!  

hope your friend feels better soon and that she is resilient and able to trust and love in the future and i hope nothing like this happens to her again

thing is.... about love.... it's always a gamble, always, even when you're being told the truth.... to be lied to and used is very hurtful and my heart goes out to her ... this was very special that you wrote this for her

to you, ma'am

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
6 posted 2001-08-08 09:34 PM

Excellent poem, and a sad story for your friend. Why people do this to others, I cannot understand.
Sandra

RSWells
Member Elite
since 2001-06-17
Posts 2533

7 posted 2001-08-08 09:39 PM

Sadly I recall his poetry wasn't even very good and in your warning you were forever ignored as a friend. From what I've read there her slow awakening has burned bright in vengeful verse. Let's hope the flame doesn't consume her.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to decieve"

Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
8 posted 2001-08-08 09:42 PM

This happens way too often on the internet.  Men on the prowl for helpless unsuspecting lonely women.  They should all be ashamed of themselves for the way they play with other people's feelings.  My heart goes out to your friend, Sharon.  I hope she is ok.  

All writing comes
by the grace of God.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
9 posted 2001-08-08 10:45 PM

Thank you one and all for your understanding of this piece.

Irish Rose is right too, it is not only women that are preyed upon on the internet, men are taken every day as well.  It just burns me when various things happen on here, like married men or women using this computer to get their jollies by leading innocent, lonely women astray.  Here is a good one that happened to this friend...he said it was cheaper for her to buy the ticket in the U.S. and send it to him and he would send her the money, but she said "no, give it to me when you get here", well of course she send a refundable round trip ticket New Zealand to the States, and guess what? Yup, he cashed the ticket and vanished! Yes...she was gullible, but in love, and had been talking to him for 8 months before he took her.  The worst part is this jerk has not broken any laws, none!  So, she is left with a broken heart and has been taken for more than that ticket.  So...be forwarned when cash exchange is involved and always get their address, phone number at home and at work.  For crying out loud, he disappears and comes back as another name and presto he is at it again.  

Doreen, yup just like life!  And in life you really don't want to make me mad it is not a pretty picture, and this guy has made me really, really mad!

Thanks everyone - whew - I feel way better now  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » Virtual Heartache

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary