navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » angry words
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic angry words Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
fearing-laughter
since 2001-04-24
Posts 605
land of cheese (Wisconsin)

0 posted 2001-08-18 12:32 PM

hey all i am beginning to think this is more of a rant then a poem lol. oh well, read and reply honestly please. thanks. -fear-

i'm so sick of all these whiny adults.
who care too much,
about the wrong things,
what's it to you if i wear black?
i didn't even realize you noticed.
you were usually too busy,
with your best friend,
i think he lives inside a beer bottle....
you say I have problems??!!
well i think you're pretty messed up.
what makes you think,
that i actually give a damn about
what you think?
you're just some alcoholic man,
who left before i could even speak,
these words that piss you off so bad.
but now you're back.
and you expect me to be all happy inside.
yeah dad, i'm glad you finally decided,
to grace me with your presense.

-fear-

i'm a penguin! i'm a penguin! i'm a cute lil penguiiiin! i'm a penguin i'm a penguin! i eat FISH!--tis the pretty penguin song

© Copyright 2001 bergundy - All Rights Reserved
fozzyozzy
since 2001-03-15
Posts 336
Lessburg Virginia
1 posted 2001-08-18 12:38 PM

Whoa, it's probably best you got that out.  You may call it a rant, but I saw moments of poetical...uh poeting. oh well, that's just my opinion, i could be wrong( a little Dennis Miller rant humor)

"and Death i think is no paranthesis"-e.e. cummings

TopGunLauren
since 2000-08-02
Posts 718
California
2 posted 2001-08-18 03:30 AM

I really like this poem because I feel the same way about things.But anyway keep up the great work!
  Lauren

Marshalzu
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-15
Posts 2681
Lurking
3 posted 2001-08-18 01:40 PM

Hmm... this is different... I found it to be more of a rant than a poem and I found it very difficult to read... the emotions coming across are vary strong... I might suggest a re-write with this but hey what do I know? anyway good stuff
Zu

" In childhood we live under the brightness of immortality - heaven is as near and as actual as the seaside"- Graham Greene " Ministry of Fear

DarkAngelOfTheStars
since 2001-04-21
Posts 255

4 posted 2001-08-18 06:34 PM

yup i think its a good thing you got that out. Well it really sucks that you have to go through what you do with your dad. I hope everything works out  

You know you 've completely descended into madness when the matter of shampoo has ascended to philosophical heights

Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 posted 2001-08-21 10:13 AM

Hrm.. I think this is more of a vent.  I'm glad you got this out.. sounds like it might have exploded in a very.. well, not so great way otherwise.  Parents are a very touchy subject for some people.  I know mine are always pissing me off to a certain extent.  All they have to do is open their mouths.  But then again, oftentimes I fail to give them enugh credit.  Think about how hard it must be to raise teenagers?
Anyway, those last two lines were very powerful... I liked those the best.  Shows lots of emotion.. Nice write.  I really enjoyed this one.. I hope to see mroe soon.

--Marie

If going to church makes you a Christian, then sitting in a garage makes you a car.

Spice
since 2001-04-13
Posts 1266
Resting in my cardboard box.
6 posted 2001-08-22 06:40 PM

Damn!  
Talk about a vent. Such anger and hostility! I LOVED it. The power of emotion in this piece was overwhelming. I have a heard going through the exact same situation...If she had e-mail I'd have you 2 talk. Hope all gets well. I don't blame you at all for thinking and feeling this way though. Hell, I would too. Thanks for the read- It was mouth dropping.  

You wouldn't worry about what people thought about you if you knew how seldom they did.

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
7 posted 2001-08-31 12:02 PM

I thought you did well in venting this. A vent can be a poem, grant it you write it like one  
Well done here.  

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Somewhere out there a cow is laughing at you

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
8 posted 2001-08-31 08:43 AM

Woooo Hooo!!! Go get him!!   This was great... angry and loud... gets your point across!! I liked it, and it can be both a rant and a poem.. free verse is a gift! Use it as you see fit.  

Jenn

"Baby I've been drifting away, dreaming all day, of holding you, touching you, the only thing that I wanna do is be with you..."Faith Hill

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » angry words

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary