navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » In Regard to Sylvia
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic In Regard to Sylvia Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
California Rockstar
since 2001-08-09
Posts 13
State of Confusion

0 posted 2001-08-12 10:52 PM

In Regard to Sylvia

I remember when there weren't enough empty pages--
Times when it seemed there wasn't enough paper in the world.
My room sat scattered with ideas in bloom, and fragmented thoughts.
Perhaps it has passed away,
and my will and want to give birth to something amazing has died.

The abundance of pages now sit on the shelf taunting me,
like frozen embryos waiting for a chance to thaw.

If practice makes perfect, but noboy's perfect, why bother?

© Copyright 2001 Ann Shotwell - All Rights Reserved
TopGunLauren
since 2000-08-02
Posts 718
California
1 posted 2001-08-13 03:45 AM

Your poem is really good I enjoyed reading it.Keep up the great work.
  Lauren

Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
2 posted 2001-08-14 03:31 PM

Wow, Ann... I am really liking your poetry.  This may be a short poem, but there is A LOT that's packed in here behind the words.  I love the way your write almost in a story-telling format.  Very original.  It's hard to do well, yet you've seemed to mastered it pretty well.
I get the impression here that you're talking about writing.  It used to be there was never enough time to write about all the ideas you had in mind... but now that river has seemed to almost run dry.  If I'm wrong, tell me.
I loved the last two lined... the empty pages now do nothing but taunt you, and the way you ended it with a simile really appealed to me.
Your writing style itself really appeals to me.  I can tell your thoughts run deep, and you portray that in your poetry.
Nicely done, Ann.  I enjoyed this, and I enjoy your writing.  I really look forward to the next... never stop posting and sharing your talent with us!

--Marie

You think yourself a failure, but perhaps the biggest loss is winning.

Spice
since 2001-04-13
Posts 1266
Resting in my cardboard box.
3 posted 2001-08-15 06:06 PM

WOW!  
I completely agree w/ Marie here. I might as well do the ditto quotes and move on.. LOL. But WOW!THis is incredible. I am so damn impressed!

You wouldn't worry about what people thought about you if you knew how seldom they did.

California Rockstar
since 2001-08-09
Posts 13
State of Confusion
4 posted 2001-08-16 03:39 PM

i almost didn't post this one... this is perhaps the poem i hold most dear of all the ones i've written...and i was a bit afraid it would lose something to anyone else...I wrote this after 6 straight hours of reading sylvia plath...and just wondering what the hell i thought i was doing trying ot be a writer.

thanks for the positive feed-back.

Ann

If practice makes perfect, but noboy's perfect, why bother?

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 posted 2001-08-26 02:44 AM

Ann, this was completely awesome. So deep and profound. The way you wrote this and the meaning behind it all completely intrgued me. I enjoyed this poem to the fullest. A treat indeed.  

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Somewhere out there a cow is laughing at you

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » In Regard to Sylvia

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary