navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Amaranth dream
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Amaranth dream Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
samt
since 2001-08-02
Posts 52
Brisbane

0 posted 2001-08-06 04:43 AM

You have to read this slowly, sensually, so your heart can listen.

My heart has so much love
I just wish she would give me another chance
to show her the true me
the one she could see
if only she would give me that chance
I could show you no mistakes
I could show you my pure heart
my love filled with passion
you must remember the good times
as much as the bad
'cause one sweet smile from you
wipes off all sad
it felt like an amaranth dream
our pure times
a never-ending relm, in the honey fields of love
only fate will tell
if my path leads me to you
only the true me
will lead her to me
you have to be yourself
thy heart speaks to me
you have to have fun
it's your destiny
we will see my love
'cause feelings change
how the wind blows
so up and down,
to and fro
if it does happon
I will show you the true me
the me you said I Love You to
and then we will see
at that single moment
like a pair o dove,
we will be
In Love

[This message has been edited by samt (edited 08-07-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Sam - All Rights Reserved
keoni
since 2000-10-16
Posts 850
Up in the mountains in the NFC
1 posted 2001-08-06 03:41 PM

This is the first of your poems that I have read. I liked it. It had an interesting flow and a message that I could totally relate to. I do have one suggestion though. I think the ending would be more powerful if you left off the last line and ended it with "In Love". Just my opinion. It's a good poem
Jon

"Your anger is a gift"-Rage Against The Machine
"Only God can judge me" Tupac Shakur

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2001-08-07 11:13 PM

I really liked this one. it did sink into my heart. I thought you wrote this with a touch of magic. It really came off as a wonderful poem. Great job.  

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Somewhere out there a cow is laughing at you

Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
3 posted 2001-08-08 01:51 AM

This is a beautiful poem.  I was into this from the very beginning.  The words really touched me...
"our pure times
a never-ending relm, in the honey fields of love
only fate will tell
if my path leads me to you"
Very nicely done.  THis is a wonderfully written poem.

--Marie

You think yourself a failure, but perhaps the biggest loss is winning.

punkrockerrobin
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-05-15
Posts 1180
Sparks, NV
4 posted 2001-08-08 01:56 AM

OMG I'M GONNA CRY! THE ENDING REALLY GOT OT ME! IT WAS AN AWESOME POEM.
ROBIN

i don't give up without a fight so boys beware!

holatuwol
since 2001-04-27
Posts 72
California, USA
5 posted 2001-08-13 03:41 AM

The poetic style was interesting... and indeed, it was one which was meant to read a little more slowly because of the way it shaped the words and the way it wanted the images to unfold.  I have to say that this piece really was an interesting one... the first I've read from you, and I look forward to more.  ^^  Nice job.

Of course I have to say something relatively critical, though, since it's bothering me... when I read the title of your work, I thought the image of the amaranth would be prominent, and the mythological flower never seemed to be portrayed very well in this piece... although the phrase "amaranth dream" probably means something than what I thought, as I interpreted it, I never saw why you used those words in an allusion. ^_^

The title is the part that stands out most in this poem, and yet, to me, it doesn't connect well nor does it have the same flow as the rest of the poem... and its literal use inside of the poem as a phrase seemed out of place.  It does, however, echo the same way the poem does... and I think the poem would have been stronger if you had avoided the use of the words 'amaranth dream' inside of the actual poem.  Just my thought, though... those words are too lyrical, and the words used here too subtle.  It just seems really out of place.

Basically, though, that was my only major problem with the poem. ^_^  Other than that, it flowed well, and it echoed beautifully, and it was definitely a noteworthy piece.  Thank you very much for the read... the title really caught my eye (thanks to one of my friends, anything related to the amaranth catches my eye), and made the click and the time spent reading well worth it.

- holatuwol

cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........
6 posted 2001-08-13 07:45 PM

.....ugh....i can never trully keep myself away from this place!!!
first of all id like to say.........................................WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!
there's another AUSSIE in here!!!!!... !!!
hiya smat  
i enjoyed this piece very much!!!...the first ive read of yours and i have to say that this is written beautifully...the images unfolded slowly and "sensually" like it was meant to..
thanks for sharing im going to look forward to more from you!!

period pain is HELL!

samt
since 2001-08-02
Posts 52
Brisbane
7 posted 2001-08-14 05:20 AM

Thankyou very much for your words. Amaranth dream as a title just reminded me of a beautiful Woman I once knew, Megan was...a never ending dream, it does seem out of place, but, it is my heart, no matter how strange it might be. It is pure Love.
Anyway _ AUSSIES RULE
wooooooooooooooooo yeahhhhh

Spice
since 2001-04-13
Posts 1266
Resting in my cardboard box.
8 posted 2001-08-15 05:33 PM

I'm trying ot catch up on ther poems I have missed...and MAN am I ever glad I did...THis was a wonderful poem. So beautiful! I loved it. Very nice write here.

You wouldn't worry about what people thought about you if you knew how seldom they did.

LoneWolf
since 2001-03-10
Posts 384
IL
9 posted 2001-08-15 08:44 PM

I loved this poem. its awesome. i read it slowly like you said. it made all the difference. i could also relate to this a whole lot. great work here.

It's too bad I'm not as wonderful a person as people say I am, because the world could use a few people like that.
I've learned that even when you th

silvrduck
since 2000-11-05
Posts 146

10 posted 2001-08-16 02:42 AM

Ohh.. that was beautiful.. so very beautiful. The ending was just - wow.  

definately one for the library

*love is blind; friendship closes its eyes.*

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
11 posted 2001-08-17 04:17 AM

Another Aussie is good to see. hi. Aussie here too. Obviously. Anyway...

how nice to see that you found someone worthy of such a poem. She must have a great place in your heart. Your wording was quite beatiful but the ending I found to be quite weak. Just in love. Wacky doo. I don't know, it is probably just me but things like that make a difference in my world.

Thanks for the read and remember to reply heaps!

~AF~

I'm a little teapot, short and stout! Here is my handle, here is my spout. *toot toot*

samt
since 2001-08-02
Posts 52
Brisbane
12 posted 2001-08-17 10:21 PM

Thankyou all for you comments.

anonfemale, your right, In Love is a bit weak, but what would you suggest? Anyone?

Aussies everywhere, ahhhh

Thanks again

Sam

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Amaranth dream

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary