navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Broken Spells:semi-unfinished and on the verge of doom
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Broken Spells:semi-unfinished and on the verge of doom Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
chasing rain
since 2001-05-15
Posts 737
Canada

0 posted 2001-07-26 12:31 PM

Finished Version: /pip/Forum49/HTML/000571.html

[This message has been edited by chasing rain (edited 07-28-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 chasing rain - All Rights Reserved
anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

1 posted 2001-07-26 01:24 AM

beautiful writing..Leah ...your imagery and word use was VERY nice in this one...wonderful job..so far...no suggestions here...hehe...i like it as it is...bye

im addicted to passions in poetry!...are you?

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2001-07-26 04:39 AM

I really liked this one. Quite deep and nicely written. I enjoyed it immensely!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Somewhere out there a cow is laughing at you

Punk Angel
since 2001-07-25
Posts 66
Pennsylvania, US
3 posted 2001-07-26 12:36 PM

very good......but how can it b unfinished??
JBaker515
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-02-28
Posts 458
Dartmouth College
4 posted 2001-07-26 01:34 PM

Yes, this was good.  Is this the finished product though??
I enjoyed the read. Good work!!

~Jeff~

"Within you I lose myself
Without you I find myself
Wanting to be lost again."

chasing rain
since 2001-05-15
Posts 737
Canada
5 posted 2001-07-26 02:46 PM

Nope, not the finished. It's semi-unfinished, and i'm quite unhappy about it (perfectionism...yeesh), especially the last two stanzas. I'm thinking of doing some more changes. GAH, I think I should take a break from rhyming...

-Leah

Va pensiero sull' ali dorate...

cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........
6 posted 2001-07-27 06:20 AM

leah!!..

how dare you think that this is not anywhere near perfect!!!..this is such a beautiful peice of poetry..i love it..im going to marry  it hahha..no not that far..but it makes me wonder at how many other wonderful poems are going to pour forth from that head of yours..i enjoyed this poem from the tip of my toes to the ever ends of every hair in my head..i loved the imagery and everything!!!!...you did a very good job on this...but i have to say..although i DO think that this is perfect...im relishing the thought of reading sumthing that would ( in your mind ) surpass this in greatness....its going to be a treat!!!
keep writing my furry friend...agpfagp!!!!!

"Killer in me is a killer in you, my love
Send a smile over to you"
Disarm
Smashing Pumkins

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
7 posted 2001-07-28 12:05 PM

<---- reaction!!!!

hehehe...leah, you need your head checked if you think this needs to be fixed in any way! Your rhyme scheme kicked some major ass and the imagery - WOW! You have become quite the upstanding poet, Leah as everything you are producing is of a very high quality.
Well done Deejay. You have out done yourself. Into the library your piece shall go!  

~AF~

"Reality is just a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs." -- Robin Williams

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
8 posted 2001-07-28 12:09 PM

This was such a magical and enchanting poem!!! it was truely awesome...i really got into it as i was reading it..the imagery really was terrific...awesome job and keep it up hun!
Linc
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-03-07
Posts 552
The Backstreet Boy
9 posted 2001-07-28 12:54 PM

Hey,

The poem is good in my view and apparently in the other replier’s also. As they said above the imagery is wonderful, and I didn’t have a problem with the last two stanzas. The only thing I that I have a problem with, is that it isn’t finished. I will be
awaiting the finished poem so until then

-- Linc

"Blood Moon"
   Host: Lark.crodo.com
         Port:1313

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Broken Spells:semi-unfinished and on the verge of doom

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary