navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Ripple in the water
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Ripple in the water Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
chasing rain
since 2001-05-15
Posts 737
Canada

0 posted 2002-04-21 12:44 PM

Sometimes I wish I was a single ripple in the water
Interrupting the pleasant calm with a single movement from above.
Silent beauty, expanding freedom, into myriads of time
Then disappearing subtly, gently back towards the calm.
Unfrayed, unbound, a puzzle in the world
Invisible, yet incomplete without the world to watch.
There's always someone there who notices the calm
To create the silent ripple that possesses everyone.

+ + + + +

Think about this for a moment...tell me what first comes to mine. Reply only if you must. Just tell me your thoughts, that's all that really matters. Compliments are welcome, though they are not needed at this time. I do not care whether you hate this post or love it. The amount of posts does not determine the poet...it's the thoughts that come to you, the way the words touch you that makes you extra special. I write to you. Now write to me.

Thank you for your time.

[This message has been edited by chasing rain (04-21-2002 12:47 AM).]

© Copyright 2002 chasing rain - All Rights Reserved
PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
1 posted 2002-04-22 10:41 AM

I'm not doing this to 'bump' the post number up with another relpy. I just felt like poping my head in, saying I'll be back to reply in depth, and leaving. I don't have the time or 'brain focus' to reply anything worthwhile at the moment. And your poetry deserves such. So, thus, I'll be back. *nods*

Sincerely,
Titus

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convinience, but where he stands at times of challange and controversy.

PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
2 posted 2002-04-27 08:26 PM

I'm back, finally.

I really like this poem. The length of the lines and the shortness of it's overall length are different, but the words you use are truly great.

"Invisible, yet incomplete without the world to watch.
There's always someone there who notices the calm"

These lines in particular were great. Simply great.

I'm thinking about the poem... and I'm wondering what do I get out of it? Just how much fun it is to be a people watcher instead of a nobody in the people. To watch, put a ripple in the water when you feel it's neccessary, and go back to watching them. I don't think that's what you meant, but that's what I go. Thanks again for posting it.

Sincerely,
Titus

Every second that passes you are one second older. You'll never get that second back.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Ripple in the water

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary